SLS 1501- College Study Skills
This course develops skills for students to be competent in orientation to College, study and survival skills, time management, and life planning skills, critical thinking, and experimental learning.
- To introduce the student to Florida National University, its academic programs, and major courses of study.
- To understand the student’s responsibilities and FNU’s policies and procedures.
- To improve basic skills and practical applications in managing time, concentration, building memory, taking notes, studying, and test taking skills.
- To develop effective learning strategies by understanding the learning process and assessing learning problems and solutions.
- To be able to apply the MLA and APA writing styles and appropriate research methods.
- To understand their financial responsibilities, such as loan management, default, and financial aid.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- After completing this course, the students will be familiar with Florida National University’s policies and procedures.
- The students will acquire the required skills that they will use in their journey through college life.