New Online Students
Instructions for New Online Learning Students
- An Online Learning student must meet all technical requirements before you start taking online classes.
- A Blackboard Training Course is available. Visit us for a face-to-face training:
Hialeah Campus: Room 143: Monday to Friday: 8:00AM to 9:00PM
South Campus: Room 224: Monday,Tuesday & Thursday: 8:00AM to 1:00PM & 5:30PM to 8:30PM
- You should buy your TEXTBOOK before the start date. Please visit or call our BOOKSTORE.
- Attendance: A student taking an online class should log in twice a week (any day, any time). Also a requisite is to fill in the ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION FORM the first time you login.
- To Login:
Go to www.fnu.edu (Alternately, you can go to http://fnu.blackboard.com and skip the next two steps)
Click the Online Learning tab.
Click the Blackboard Login link. Enter your student id number as your USERNAME and the last four digits of your social security as your PASSWORD.
Click the login button.
You must change the password by clicking on TOOLS, then click on PERSONAL INFORMATION and finally CHANGE PASSWORD. Make sure you keep record of this.
Click your Class’ link under MY COURSES (at the right side of the screen).
- The first day you should:
Read all the ANNOUNCEMENTS.
Click the YOUR INSTRUCTOR button. Read your instructor information and email.
Click the SYLLABUS button. Read your class Syllabus.
Click the DISCUSSION BOARD button. Click the INTRODUCTIONS link. Read your classmates’
introduction and post yours.NOTE: Online students are responsible for making the initial contact with the instructor, maintaining weekly correspondence, and/or submitting assigned work on a regular basis to be considered “Active.”
- Every week you will have a reading assignment and some kind of homework. To check your weekly assignment click the ASSIGNMENTS BUTTON. Also click COURSE DOCUMENTS and LECTURES.
- If you have questions or concerns:
- Email your instructor. Email is provided in the Your Instructor section. You can send an email to your instructor by going to Tools–> Send Email –> All Instructors User. You should frequently check your email inbox.
• Post your question or concern on the QUESTIONS & CONCERNS forum by going to the DISCUSSION BOARD section.
• Or go to TOOLS and check MESSAGES. You should frequently check your messages inbox.
- Click on the Textbook button to check the textbook required
- If you have technical problems : Email us or call us
Sandra Lomena / Online Learning Director / email@example.com / (786) 364-9540
Jose A. Gonzalez / Blackboard Administrator / firstname.lastname@example.org / (305) 226-9999 Ext.1345
Juan De Noriega / Online Learning Student Support /email@example.com / (786) 364-9559