Instructions For New Distance Learning Students
Online Colleges In Florida – Instructions for New Distance Learning Students
- A Distance Learning student must meet all technical requirements before you start taking online classes.
- A Blackboard Training Course is available. Visit us for a face-to-face training:
Hialeah Campus: Room 143: Monday to Thursday: 9:00AM to 2:00PM and 5:00PM to 10:00PM
South Campus: Room 224: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 8:00AM to 1:00PM & 5:30PM to 8:30PM
- You should buy your TEXTBOOK before the start date. Please visit or call our BOOKSTORE.
- Attendance: A student taking an online class should log in twice a week (any day, any time).
- To Login:
Go to www.fnc.edu (Alternately, you can go to http://fnc.blackboard.com and skip the next two steps)
Click the Distance Learning link. Click the Blackboard Login link. Enter your student id number
as your USERNAME and the last four digits of your social security as your PASSWORD. Click the
login button. You must change the password by clicking on TOOLS, then click on PERSONAL
INFORMATION and finally CHANGE PASSWORD. Make sure you keep record of this. Click your
Class’ link under MY COURSES (at the right side of the screen).
- The first day you should:
Read all the ANNOUNCEMENTS.
Click the YOUR INSTRUCTOR button. Read your instructor information and email.
Click the SYLLABUS button. Read your class Syllabus.
Click the DISCUSSION BOARD button. Click the INTRODUCTIONS link. Read your classmates’
introduction and post yours.NOTE: Online students are responsible for making the initial contact with the instructor, maintaining weekly correspondence, and/or submitting assigned work on a regular basis to be considered “Active.”
- Every week you should check your weekly assignments, click the ASSIGMENTS BUTTON. Also
click COURSE DOCUMENTS and LECTURES.
- If you have questions or concerns:
• Post your question or concern on the forum (DISCUSSION BOARD -> QUESTIONS &
CONCERNS). Or by sending a message to your instructor through his/her email.
• Or go to TOOLS and check MESSAGES. You should frequently check your messages inbox.
- If you have technical problems : Email us or call us
Sandra Lomena / DL Director / firstname.lastname@example.org / (786) 364-9540
Jose A. Gonzalez / Blackboard Administrator / email@example.com / (305) 226-9999 Ext.1345
Juan De Noriega / DL Student Support /firstname.lastname@example.org / (786) 364-9559