New Online Students
Instructions for New Online Learning Students
- An Online Learning student must meet all technical requirements before you start taking online classes.
A Blackboard Tutorial is available online for all students or visit us for a face-to-face training:
Hialeah Campus: Room 143: Monday to Friday: 8:00AM to 9:00PM
South Campus: Room 224: Monday 12PM – 9:00 PM, Tuesday & Thursday: 8:00AM ‐ 7:00PM Wednesday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM and Friday rotate (Either 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM or 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM, call for details (305) 226-9999)
It is important that to login during the first week of classes to avoid beendropped. A student taking an on line class should login at least twice a week (any day, any time).
- To Login:
Go to www.fnu.edu (Alternately, you can go to http://fnu.blackboard.com and skip the next two steps)
Click the Online Learning tab.
Click the Blackboard Login link. Enter your student id number as your
Enter your student email address as the username and your password: first letter of your first name CAPITALIZED + Zip Code of Home Campus + Last 4 digits of Student ID number. (For security purposes, we suggest you change your password.)
Click the login button.
You must change the password by clicking on TOOLS, then click on PERSONAL INFORMATION and finally CHANGE PASSWORD. Make sure you keep record of this.
Under My Courses (right-hand side of the screen) are all the classes you haveonline. Click on the link to access your course (s).
- The first day you should:
- Read all the ANNOUNCEMENTS.
- Click the YOUR INSTRUCTOR button. Read your instructor information. Take note of her/his email address and virtual office hours.
- Click the SYLLABUS button. Read your class Syllabus and save or copy it.
- Click the LECTURES button to read the content to be covered each week.
Click the ASSIGNMENTS button to read assignments posted by the instructor.
- Click the DISCUSSION BOARD button. Click the INTRODUCTIONS link. Read your classmates’ introduction and post yours.
Click on the TEXTBOOK button to check the textbook required.
Click on the STUDENT RESOURCES link to get information regarding our Library, Academic Advising, Writing Lab, Student Services and others.
Click on Bb Collaborate to meet with your instructor. You will need to check his virtual office hours posted in the “Your Instructor” section.NOTE: Online students are responsible for making the initial contact with the instructor, maintaining weekly correspondence, and/or submitting assigned work on a regular basis to be considered “Active.”
- Every week you will have a reading assignment and some kind of homework. To check your weekly assignment click the ASSIGNMENTS, LECTURES and Web Links buttons.
- If you have questions or concerns:
- Email your instructor. Email is provided in the Your Instructor section. You can also send an email to your instructor by going to Tools–> Send Email –> All Instructors Users. You should frequently check your email’s inbox.
- Post your question(s) or concern(s) on the “QUESTIONS & CONCERNS” forum by going to the DISCUSSION BOARD section.
Questions? Contact us:
- Manuel Garzon / DL Student Support
Hialeah Campus (305) 821-3333 Ext. 1067
South Campus (305) 226-9999 Ext. 1310
- Enmanuel Garcia / DL Student Support
Hialeah Campus (305) 821-3333 Ext. 1049
- Liber Gonzalez / Blackboard Administrator /
South Campus (305) 226-9999 Ext.1345
- Sandra Lomena / Online Learning Director
Hialeah Campus (786) 821-3333 Ext. 1047