As part of the effort for reinforcing student participation, engagement and retention at Florida National University, the Business Department performed last week the Business Ethics exercise (competition) between the day and evening business students taking GEB2430 Ethics & Social Responsibility. The team discussions were evaluated by a team of judges from the Business Division and the Department of Academic Affairs at FNU. They followed the following criteria to select the winning team.
(1) Student interaction-discussion (the way the student exchanged points of view, agreements-disagreements) (from 1-low interaction to 5-high interaction).
(2) Discussion’s dynamic (participant’s attitudes toward winning the competition, from 1-low dynamic to 5-high dynamic)
(3) Ethical vs. Administrative arguments given by the participants to fire or keep Sally in the Company.
(4) Tools used to support arguments (power point presentations, board, written materials when explaining their arguments, etc.)
(5) Written report by groups evaluated by the Business Department Head.
Click on the link below to view both day and evening discussions performed by the teams.
Instructor: Osvaldo Sanchez
Instructor: Luis I. Molina