“The mission of the Writing Studio is to provide writing benchmarks, guidelines, and support to all students and faculty across the disciplines. The Writing Studio is an integral part of the fulfillment of the institution’s Quality Enhancement Plan (FNU CARES).”
- To produce better writers who will compose well-developed, well-structured, coherent papers.
- To facilitate student engagement in the writing process and to improve writing skills through individual tutoring, paper reading, writing exercises, and constant evaluation and assessment.
- To provide the same services and support for distance learning students by way of establishing a writing pod to remediate and enhance writing skills as well as providing feedback and additional resources online.
- The writing studio offers:
- Consultation for writing assignments at all stages of the writing process (formative feedback).
- Workshops and tutoring on a variety of subjects (APA/ MLA format, citation conventions, how to avoid plagiarism, and the like).
- Specialized writing assistance to students across disciplines.
- Support to upper-level and graduate programs in scholarly writing.
- Assistance to faculty in designing writing-related curriculum.
Hours of Operation:
(Hialeah Campus, JR Building, Room 505)
Monday 8:00 am- 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Tuesday 8:00 am- 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am- 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Thursday 8:00 am- 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Friday 8:30 am- 1:00 pm
Join us @ www.TinyUrl.com/FNUWritingQEP (Appointment required)
- APA format (7th edition):
- MLA format:
- Research Writing Tips:
- Essay Writing Tips:
- Avoiding Plagiarism: Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing:
- Sentence Structure: