Are you interested in joining the medical field but hate the sight of blood? Have you always seen yourself in a management position but really love the healthcare industry? Pursuing a degree in Health Services Administration opens up many opportunities for graduates. Florida National University offers multiple Health Services Administration programs in South Florida. Explore the benefits of pursuing this degree including the job outlook, important qualities, and the extensive amount of career opportunities.
Benefits of Pursuing a Health Services Administration (HSA) Degree
The healthcare industry will always need jobs filled, no matter what type of career path you choose. This includes management and administrative positions needing to be filled.
Not only are there a broad range of career opportunities for Health Services Administration Degree holders, the Bureau of Labor Statistics states the employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 32% from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. As the large baby-boomer population ages and people remain active later in life, there should be increased demand for healthcare services.
Important Qualities of Health Services Administrators
A few important qualities that health services administrators should possess include:
- Interpersonal skills – to discuss patient and staffing issues with other professionals.
- Leadership skills – to hire, train, motivate and lead staff.
- Analytical skills – to follow ever-changing regulations and problem-solve.
- Communication skills – to effectively communicate with staff and other professionals in the field.
- Detail oriented – to remain organized and maintain scheduling.
- Technical skills – to stay up to date with healthcare technology advances and data analytics.
Career Opportunities for Health Services Administration Degree Holders
The career opportunities for Health Services Administration degree holders are extremely broad. This can be advantageous for someone with the right training and degree because of high demand its possible to get a job right after graduation.
The following career opportunities are open to those with an HSA degree:
- Health Care Administrator
- Health Information Manager
- Nursing Home Administrator
- Clinical Research Manager
- Physician Practice Manager
- Healthcare Department Manager
- Health Insurance Manager
- Quality and Improvement Manager
- Population Health Manager
- And more!
What Degrees Does Florida National University Offer?
Florida National University offers three Health Services Administration Degrees:
Pursue Your Degree in South Florida
Now that you know what types of careers you can pursue when holding a degree in Health Services Administration, it’s time to take the next step towards your career goals and dreams. Contact Florida National University at 305-821-3333 for more information about our three Health Services Administration programs.