Harrodsburg, KY – Florida National University men’s basketball team extended its winning streak to an impressive 9 games with an 93-73 grind out win over Campbellsville University Harrodsburg. The contest was played on Thursday night (Jan. 23rd) at Harrodsburg, KY. With the win Florida National improves to a 18-6 record while Campbellsville University Harrodsburg falls to 4-10.
INSIDE THE MATCH-UP:
Final Score: Florida National University 93, Campbellsville University Harrodsburg 73
Records: Florida National University (18-6), Campbellsville University Harrodsburg (4-10)
Location: Campbellsville University Harrodsburg, Harrodsburg, KY.
Florida National University Starters: Jeffrey Hernandez , Jose Benitez, Jaquan Robertson, Kenneth Santos, Jordan Cardenas
- FNU shot 55.1% from the field on 38-of-69 shooting overall but was hot from the field in the first half, hitting 65.50%.
- FNU shot 37.0% from downtown on 10-of-27 shooting.
- FNU recorded 58.3 FT% on 7-of-12 shooting overall.
- Campbellsville University Harrodsburg hit 40.8% of its shots from the paint and 25.0% from the long range.
- Applying the pressure on the defensive side, the Conquistadors forced 12 turnovers and recorded 7 steals.
- Jaquan Robertson led FNU with 34 points and he also noted 9 rebounds, 3 assist and 2 steals.
- Jose Benitez recorded 6 points and led FNU on the boards with13 rebounds and 7 assists.
- Kenneth Santos noted 10 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 assists
- Jeffrey Hernandez noted 20 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assists.
BEYOND THE BOX-SCORE:
- FNU record now is 18-6 this season.
- FNU recorded its seventh on the road win of the season.
- 6 players saw at least 15 minutes of action for the Conquistadors.
- Florida National out-rebounded Campbellsville University Harrodsburg 50-31 in the contest.
Florida National University
- Points: Jaquan Robertson (34)
- Rebounds: Jose Benitez (13)
- Assists: Jose Benitez (7)
Florida National University men’s basketball team will now face Campbellsville University-Summerset (KY) on Friday, January 24th at 7:00 Pm. The game will take place at Harrodsburg, KY.
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.