Harrodsburg, KY – Florida National University men’s basketball team extended its winning streak to an impressive 6 games with an 82-69 grind out win over Campbellsville University Harrodsburg. The contest was played on Thursday night (Jan. 23rd) at Harrodsburg, KY. With the win Florida National improves to a 11-10 record while Campbellsville University Harrodsburg falls to 10-7.
INSIDE THE MATCH-UP:
Final Score: Florida National University 82, Campbellsville University Harrodsburg 69
Records: Florida National University (10-10), Campbellsville University Harrodsburg (10-7)
Location: Campbellsville University Harrodsburg, Harrodsburg, KY.
Florida National University Starters: Adria Stewart, Deandra` Akins, Ashley Williams, Brandilyn Robertson, Breyuna Walker
- FNU shot 41.7% from the field on 30-of-72 shooting overall.
- FNU shot 38.5% from downtown on 5-of-13 shooting.
- FNU recorded 77.3 FT% on 17-of-22 shooting overall.
- Campbellsville University Harrodsburg hit 33.3% of its shots from the paint and 23.5% from the long range.
- Applying the pressure on the defensive side, the Conquistadors forced 32 turnovers and recorded 24 steals.
- Adria Stewart led FNU with amazing 34 points and she also noted 6 assists.
- Ashley Williams recorded 8 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists.
- Brandilyn Robertson led the Conquistadors on the boards with 11 rebounds. She also recorded 7 points and 6 steals.
- Deandra` Akins recorded 7 points and 7 rebounds.
- Destiny Lindsey came off the bench with impressive 18 points, 5 rebounds and 6 steals.
BEYOND THE BOX-SCORE:
- FNU record now is 11-10 this season.
- FNU recorded its sixth on the road win of the season.
- 9 players saw at least 9 minutes of action for the Conquistadors.
- Florida National out-rebounded Campbellsville University Harrodsburg 51-44 in the contest.
Florida National University
- Points: Adria Stewart (34)
- Rebounds: Brandilyn Robertson (11)
- Assists: Ashley Williams (4)
Florida National University women’s basketball team will now face Mississippi University for Women (MS) on Friday, January 24th at 6:00 pm. The game will take place at Harrodsburg, KY.
STAY CONNECTED:Follow FNU athletics on social Media:
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.