Hialeah, Fl – Florida National University men’s basketball team improve their record to 18-8 with it’s 10th victory in a row. The Conquistadors defeated Campbellsville University Somerset on Monday at bucky dent Gymnasium.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Score: Florida National University 96 Campbellsville University Somerset 91
Records: Florida National University (18-8), Campbellsville University Somerset (5-17)
Location: Bucky Dent Gym, Hialeah, Fla.
Campbellsville University Somerset Starters: Josiah Williams, Titus Ransom, AJ Thomas, Keelan Kennedy Meith Reclow
Florida National University Starters: Jeffrey Hernandez , Jaquan Robertson, Antonio Sims , Kenneth Santos, Marco Baggio
Posted by Florida National University Athletics on Monday, February 18, 2019
STATS OF THE GAME:
- FNU shot 55.6% from the field on 35-of-63 shooting overall but was hot from the field in the Second half, hitting 61.7%.
- FNU shot 47.1% from downtown on 16-of-34 shooting.
- Campbellsville University Somerset hit 44.6% of its shots from the paint and 23.8% from the long range.
- Applying the pressure on the defensive side, the Conquistadors forced 5 turnovers and recorded 4 steals.
- Antonio Sims scored a team high 28 points, and added a team high 10 assists, and two steals.
- Jeffrey Hernandez noted 20 points, 3 rebounds and 2 assists, going 8-of-19 from the field and 4-for-10 from Downtown.
- Kenneth Santos led the Conquistadors on the boards with incredible 15 rebounds and he also scored 19 points and recorded one block.
- Jaquan Robertson came off the bench with 5 points, shooting 2-of-6 from the field, 1-for-3 from Downtown and got three rebounds.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- FNU record now is 18-8 this season.
- FNU improved its home record to 13-2.
- 8 players saw at least ten minutes of action for the Conquistadors.
- Florida National out-rebounded CU 40-29 in the contest.
Antonio Sims noted a double-double scoring a team high 28 points, and adding a team high 10 assists.
Kenneth Santos also noted a double-double leading the Conquistadors on the boards with 15 rebounds and scoring 19 points.
Campbellsville University Somerset
Points: Titus Ransom (19)
Rebounds: Alvin Thomas (7)
Assists: Keelan Kennedy, Alvin Thomas (3)
The Conquistadors will face Campbellsville University Harrodsburg on Friday, February 22nd, at Bucky Dent Gym with a tip-off at 8:00 p.m.
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director