You will receive an email sent to your personal email with instructions on how to activate your free FNU student email. You will need your FNU student email in order to create your Student Portal. If you have not received an email with these instructions, you may activate your FNU student email by following these steps:
- Go to “www.fnu.edu”
- Click on the tab “Current Students”
- Click “Email Login“
it is located on the left-hand side of the page
The credential needed to access/activate your FNU student email is:
– Your email will be the first letter of your first name, your full last name, and the last 4 numbers of your Student ID number followed by “@stu.fnu.edu”
– Your password would be the first letter of your first name CAPITALIZED, the Zip Code of your home campus (Hialeah/Distance Learning: 33012, South: 33175), followed by the last 4 numbers of your Student ID.
Example- Name: John Smith Student ID: 1000001234 Enrolled in Hialeah Campus
Email: email@example.com Password: J330121234
Once you log in, choose and answer the security questions and you will have access to your email account.
If you do not receive an email to your personal account with the instructions to create your FNU Student Email within 1 week of your enrollment or if you have any further questions please contact the Office of Student Services as soon as possible.
– Go to “www.fnu.edu”, click on “MY FNU” located at the top right-hand corner
– Click the first link “Student Portal Homepage” and click “Create a New Account”
– Enter information asked: Social Security Number or Student ID, First & Last Name, and Place of Birth
– You will be prompted with your FNU Student Email address. Click “Yes”
– You will be shown what your Username is and asked to type in the Password to create your account
– Once you do that, you will be sent an activation link to your FNU Student Email. If you do not access your Student Email and click on the link within 24 hours, you will not have access to your Student Portal and will have to contact Student Services to assist you. After clicking on the link, you will be taken to the Student Portal Homepage. You may now login with the username that was shown and password that was created.
The general requirements are high-speed internet (WiFi or Ethernet connections are acceptable), 4G speed for smartphones and Tablets and compatible OS
- 256 MB RAM
- 20 MB free disk space
- Internet Access – 28.8 kbps speed or above (Broadband connection highly recommended)
- Soundcard with microphone and headphones (A headset with microphone/headphones is highly recommended)
- Webcam (optional)
Student participants could be required to post materials electronically. An online student has the responsibility for making the initial contact with the instructor, maintaining weekly correspondence, and/or submitting assigned work on a regular basis to be considered “Active.” Failure to submit work regularly results in a student’s being considered absent.
You can always post a message to your instructor within the virtual classroom. Your instructor will usually post an email address where they can be reached in case you need to contact them privately. If you are not sure which email to use to contact them, you can also contact the distance learning department.
You can view your class grades on your student portal. Please log in to the portal and on the left side of the page click the link that says Academics. Next, click the link that says My Grades.
Blackboard platform welcomes most Operating Systems and Browsers, we recommend Google Chrome but please follow the table below for you preferred software. For your convenience we can check if your gadget is ready for Blackboard. just click here.
Tested devices, operating systems and Browsers
|Operating Systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS 10.8, Mac OS 10.9, Mac OS 10.10, iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, Chrome OS|
|iOS Devices||iPod Touch, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5S, iPhone5c, iPhone 6, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad Mini 3, iPad Air 2|
|Android Devices||Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, HTC G1, LG C800 myTouch, HTC One, Galaxy Note 2014, HTC One M8|
|Windows Mobile Devices||Venue 8 Pro, Lumia 520, Lumia 930|
|Chrome OS Devices||Chromebook|
|Browser Name||Desktop OS Browser Versions||Mobile and Tablet OS Browser Versions|
|Android Browser||Not available||4+|