HIALEAH, FL. – Florida National University Women’s soccer team (1-4) won its first game of the season on Friday afternoon 1-0 over Warner University (0-5). The match was played at Goodlet Park Soccer Field. With the win, FNU improves to 1-3-0 on the year while Warner University falls to 0-5-0 on the season.
INSIDE THE MATCH-UP:
- Score: Florida National University 1 x 0 Warner University
- Records: Florida National (1-3), Warner University (0-5).
- Location: Goodlet Park Soccer Field | Hialeah, Fla
- 44:49 | FNU – D. Mosley (J. Magalhaes ) 1-0
Posted by Florida National University Athletics on Friday, September 13, 2019
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first half was quiet there was only a total of seven shots from both teams.
- Florida National out-shot Warner University in the first half, 4-3.
- The second half had a lot more action for the royals as the shots started racking up.
- Warner University out-shot Florida National in the Second half half, 9-1.
- Florida National University Athlete of the week D. Mosley came to the Conquistadors rescue in the last minute of the first half to break the silence and score the first and only goal of the match beating the keeper with an assist from Jurema Magalhaes.
- Furthermore, WU lead the game in shots (12-5), shots on goal (8-4) while FNU led in saves (8-3).
Coach Giovanni De La Rosa said after the game ” All the girls have been working hard, Warner University is a very difficult team to play against, last year they beat us in overtime. We scored early in the first half and our defense was the key of the victory, we made a small adjustment in the Center Back position, we brought in freshman Sophia Souza and Norian Gaviria and they both did a very good job and were the key of the win”.
FNU’s goalkeeper Vanessa Osorio recorded 8 saves in the game in the complete game effort. She also recorded her first shutout of the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- FNU record is now 1-4 on the season.
- FNU recorded its first win this season.
The Conquistadors will now face ASA College on Monday, September 16th at 6:00 p.m. Hialeah, FL.
STAY CONNECTED – Follow FNU athletics on social Media: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.