Ave Maria, Fla. – Florida National University women’s basketball team lost its 6th game in a row. The Conquistadors lost to Ave Maria University on Tuesday night (Nov. 12th) the contest was played at Ave Maria, Fla. (Tom Golisano FH). With the loss Florida National falls to a 1-6 record while Ave Maria improves to 7-0.
INSIDE THE MATCH-UP:
Final Score: Florida National University 52, Ave Maria University 60
Records: Florida National University (1-6), Ave Maria University (7-0)
Location: Ave Maria, Fla. (Tom Golisano FH)
Florida National University Starters: Adria Stewart , Brianna Richardson, Ashley Williams, Brandilyn Robertson, Shannon Roseensteel
Ave Maria University Starters: Midori Long, Daniela Barrios, Emily Patton, Kelly Meade, Nikki Saunders
- FNU shot 40.0% from the field on 22-of-55 shooting overall but was hot from the field in the first half, hitting 52.50%.
- FNU shot 29.4% from downtown on 5-of-17 shooting.
- FNU recorded 60.0 FT% on 3-of-8 shooting overall.
- Ave Maria University hit 37.5% of its shots from the paint and 26.7% from the long range.
- Applying the pressure on the defensive side, the Conquistadors forced 19 turnovers and recorded 13 steals.
- Destiny Lindsey led FNU with 17 points and she also noted 2 rebounds and recorded 5 assists and 4 steals.
- Brandilyn Robertson led the Conquistadors on the boards with 7 rebounds and she also recorded 5 steals.
- Shikinah Williams came of the bench with 2 rebounds.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- FNU record now is 1-6 this season.
- FNU loss streak is now in 6 losses.
- 8 players saw at least ten minutes of action for the Conquistadors.
- Ave Maria University out-rebounded Florida National 25-24 in the contest.
Florida National University
- Points: Destiny Lindsey (17)
- Rebounds: Brandilyn Robertson (7)
- Assists: Destiny Lindsey (5)
Florida National University women’s basketball team will now face Warner University on Thursday, November 12th at 5:00 Pm. The game will take place at Bucky Dent Gym, Hialeah, FL.
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.