TEMPLE TERRACE, Fla. (Nov. 11, 2022) – Florida National returned to action with a loaded three-game schedule on day one of the Continental Athletic Conference Volleyball Championship. The Conquistadors went 2-1 in pool play, falling to Florida College 0-3, bouncing back for a much-needed win against Haskell University 3-1, and ending the night with another victory this time over Fisher College 3-1.
- Four kills from Lay Cortez kept Fisher at bay in a tight opening set
- Kill by Margareth Collantes Choque tied the set at 18-18
- A block error by Macy Barnes gave FNU the close 26-24 win in the opening set
- FNU had three services aces in the contest
- An attack error by Sofia Moreno Bendala gave Fisher a 26-24 advantage
- This would tie the match at 1-1
- Fisher scored four straight points to make it 24-24
- Paola Brandsma had three blocks in the match
- Back-to-back kills from Joanne Dania ended the set in FNU’s favor
- Joanne Dania had a team-high 16 kills in the victory
- Juliana Santos had 28 digs in the match
- Elis Cordova-Millet had 28 assists and Ivette Sandoval had 26 assists of her own before the match came to a close
Up Next: Florida National now faces a semifinal match-up against Haskell at 3:30 p.m. tomorrow for a spot in the title match later in the day.