North Miami, Fla. – Florida National University Men’s Basketball team defeated Johnson and Wales University on Tuesday night (Nov. 5th) the contest was played at Wildcat Center – North Miami, Fla. With the win Florida National improves to a 3-2 record while Johnson and Wales falls to a 0-3 record.
INSIDE THE MATCH-UP:
Final Score: Florida National University 103, Johnson and Wales University 91
Records: Florida National University (1-4), Johnson and Wales University (2-0)
Location: Wildcat Center – North Miami, Fla.
Florida National University Starters: Jeffrey Hernandez , Jose Benitez, Hirotaka Ohashi, Kenneth Santos, Matteo Baggio
Johnson and Wales University Starters: Reagan Turner, DeAsia Outlaw, Haeli Howard, Maleigha Oldham, J’Nayah Hall
- FNU shot 46.5% from the field on 33-of-71 shooting overall but was hot from the field in the first half, hitting 49.00%.
- FNU shot 37.9% from downtown on 11-of-29 shooting.
- FNU recorded 81.3 FT% on 26-of-32 shooting overall.
- Johnson and Wales University hit 46.9% of its shots from the paint and 31.0% from the long range.
- Applying the pressure on the defensive side, the Conquistadors forced 14 turnovers and recorded 6 steals.
- Jose Benitez scored a team-high 18 points, and added 5 rebounds and 5 assists.
- Kenneth Santos led the Conquistadors on the boards with amazing 12 rebounds and he also scored A GAME-HIGH 22 points, recording his first double-double of the season.
- Thomas Dillon came of the bench with 13 points and he also noted 4 rebounds and recorded one assist.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- FNU record now is 3-2 this season.
- FNU improves its on the road record to 3-2.
- 7 players saw at least fourteen minutes of action for the Conquistadors.
- Johnson and Wales University out-rebounded Florida National 35-34 in the contest.
Florida National University
Johnson and Wales University
- Points: Dante Pace (28)
- Rebounds: Dante Pace (6)
- Assists: Alex Doane (4)
Florida National University men’s basketball team will now face University of North Florida on Thursday, November 7th at 7:00 Pm. The game will take place at Jacksonville, FL.
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.