INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida National University 81, Edward Waters College 85.
Records: Florida National University (7-6), Edward Waters College (4-5)
Location: Adams-Jenkins Complex. Jacksonville, Fla.
FNU Starters: Jeffrey Hernandez , Nico Rojas , Jose Benitez , Antonio Sims, Kenneth Santos.
EWC Starters: Sean Dinkins, Cedric McGinnis, Robert Thomas, Chris Oakley, Jontavius Littles.
STATS OF THE GAME:
- FNU shot 40.0% from the field on 28-of-70 shooting overall but was hot from the field in the first half, hitting 42.9% on 15-of-35.
- FNU shot only 24% from downtown on 6-of-25 shooting.
- Edward Waters College hit 48.4% of its shots from the paint and 42.1% from the long range.
- Applying the pressure on the defensive side, the Conquistadors forced 11 turnovers and recorded 12 steals.
- FNU had three players double-figures led by Antonio Sims who had 30 points, six rebounds, and two assists. Nico Rojas had a double-double with 16 points and 10 boards, while Jose Benitez also had a double-double with 10 points and 11 boards for the Conquistadors.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- FNU record now is 7-7this season.
- FNU On the road record is now 3-5.
- 7 players saw at least ten minutes of action for the Conquistadors.
- Florida National out-rebounded EWC 46-36 in the contest.
The Conquistadors will face Florida Memorial University on Tuesday December 11th, at home with a tip-off of 8:30 p.m.