LIVINGSTON, AL. – Florida National University Men’s soccer team (5-2) handed NCAA Division II, University of West Alabama (2-2) its second loss of the season as freshman Francisco Perkins and junior Manuel Villegas helped to lift the Conquistadors past the Tigers on the road Wednesday night. The match was played at the TIGER STADIUM. With the win, FNU improves to 5-2 on the year while University of West Alabama falls to 2-2.
INSIDE THE MATCH UP:
- Score: Florida National University 2 x 0 University of West Alabama
- Records: Florida National (5-2), University of West Alabama (2-2).
- Location: Tiger Stadium | Livingston, Alabama
Goal by Francisco Perkins against University of West Alabama. Let’s go Conquistadors! #FNU #GoConquistadors
Posted by Florida National University Athletics on Wednesday, September 18, 2019
- 06:10 | FNU – Francisco Perkins ( Victor Surya ) 1-0
- 85:12 | FNU – Manuel Villegas ( Victor Surya ) 2-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Florida National University scored first with Francisco Perkins assisted by Victor Surya.
- FNU was able to score one more goal in the 85th minute with a beautiful goal scored by Manuel Villegas assisted by Victor Surya to give the win to the Conquistadors.
FNU’s goalkeeper Rodrigo Festuccia recorded one save in the game, he also recorded his third shutout this season while the opponent goalkeeper stopped five out of the seven shots he faced in the complete game effort.
- FNU was led by Manuel Villegas who scored FNU’s second goal and his fourth goal of the season.
- Francisco Perkins Scored his third goal of the season.
- Victor Surya recorded 2 assists in the game.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- FNU record is now 5-2 on the season.
- FNU recorded its fifth win this season.
- Florida National out-shot University of West Alabama, 14-4.
The Conquistadors will now face the LSU Shreveport who was ranked # 20 in the nation in the last “NAIA 2019 Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 – Poll ” . The game will be played on Friday, September 20th at 5:00 p.m. in Shreveport, LA