BALDWIN CITY, Kan. – Back-to-Back National Champions Florida National University Men’s Soccer team earns big road win in defeating #9 Baker University.
Match Score: Florida National University 1, Baker University 0
Records: Florida National University (4-1), Baker University (2-1)
Location: Baldwin City, Kan
06:39 | F. Perkins (unassisted) -1-0 – FNU
54:17 | J. Lake (A. Blakeston) 1-1 – Baker
56:17 | A. Blakeston (J. Hickel) 1-2 – Baker
71:13 | M. Villegas (G. Morganti) 2-2 – FNU
81:56 | F. Perkins (M. Villegas) 3-2 – FNU
HOW IT HAPPENED
- FNU started the game pressuring high, and with only 6 minutes Francisco Perkins Scored a beautiful goal.
- With only 22 minutes played in the first half, FNU’s Goalkeeper Rodrigo Festuccia received a red card.
- Facundo Brimberg came in for Manuel Villegas and became FNU goalie.
- After the red card, the Wildcats pressure high and outshot the conquistadors 18-8
- Just 10 minutes into the second half, the Wildcats began their comeback as Aaron Blakeston found Jordan Lake who poked the ball past the keeper and tied the game, 1-1.
- Taking the lead, the Wildcats struck again just two minutes later as Joah Hickel connected with Aaron Blakeston to give Baker the 2-1 lead with 33:43 to play.
- The Conquistadors then scored a goal to tie it with 19:12 to play with Manuel Villegas and then Francisco Perkins scored one amazing goal to regain the lead with 9:02 to play.
- FNU was led by #15 Francisco Perkins who scored FNU’s first goal and scored the game-winning goal.
- #11 Manuel Villegas took 3 shots on the game and score 1 goal and recorded one assist.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- FNU record is now 4-1 on the season.
- FNU recorded its fourth away win this season.
The Conquistadors now face St. Thomas University on September 14th, t 4:00 pm in Miami Gardens, Florida.
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director