DeLand – Fla. – The Florida National University tennis teams played their third game of the season on Tuesday afternoon, as the Conquistadors faced off with Ave Maria University Gyrenes. The Conquistadors men’s claimed a 7-0 loss over the Hatters. The matches were scored using the new scoring system previously adopted at the NCAA Division II and III levels, where the three doubles matches are combined into one team point.
INSIDE THE MATCH-UP:
Final Score: Florida National University 0, Stetson University 7
Records: Florida National University (2-1), Stetson University (2-1)
Date & Time: January 26, 2020 – 3:00 pm.
Location: Mandy Stoll Tennis Center, DeLand, Fla.
RESULTS: (Stetson University 7, Florida National University 0)
Doubles competition – (FNU 0, STETSON 1)
1. Fabian Penzkofer/Sven Thiergard (STET) def. Vadim Rebaud/Victor de la Selle (FNU) 6-1
2. Clement Hamel/Alexandre Hillhouse (STET) def. Justo Villanuavo/Hamish Lee (FNU) 6-2
3. Josh Laka/Tim Gennes (STET) vs. Edgar Fouperit/Jules Grignon (FNU) 4-2, unfinished
Singles competition – (FNU 0, STETSON 6)
1. Clement Hamel (STET) def. Joaquin Rodriguez (FNU) 6-1, 6-1
2. Fabian Penzkofer (STET) def. Edgar Fouperit (FNU) 6-2, 6-3
3. Alexandre Hillhouse (STET) def. Justo Villanuavo (FNU) 6-4, 6-0
4. Sven Thiergard (STET) def. Vadim Rebaud (FNU) 6-3, 6-0
5. Tim Gennes (STET) def. Geronimo Viveros (FNU) 6-1, 6-0
6. Christian Mills (STET) def. Hamish Lee (FNU) 6-2, 6-2
Florida National University men and women’s tennis team will now face Warner University on Tuesday, January 28th at 2:00 pm. The game will take place at Goodlet Park Tennis Center, Hialeah, FL.
STAY CONNECTED: Follow FNU athletics on social Media:
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro, and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well-rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.