FNU SGA President
Student Government Association Job Description
The student who is elected to the SGA Campus President position must be an active FNU student attending classes either in the morning or in the evening sessions. Must have and maintain, a minimum GPA of 3.00 before during and after the time in office. Dropping below this GPA will be enough excuse to release the incumbent from office. The student must have at least 12 credits approved in FNU with the minimum GPA required. This student will be a role model for not only his fellow officers, but also for the entire student body and must therefore project an image of a hard-working, honest, and committed student. The Campus President will be working alongside students, faculty, staff, and other individuals and must at all times present the professional and academic attitude that typifies Florida National University.
Duties include (The Campus President is Responsible for):
1. The arrangement of a weekly meeting at the individual Campus and to inform the other members of the SGA of Place and time of the meeting.
2. For commencing, guiding, presiding and adjourning the meeting while it is in session.
3. Is responsible for delegating power and duties among all members of the SGA, or according to his/her evaluation of each individual situation. May assign duties to the vice-president and other officers of the SGA.
4. The president is to be a liaison between faculty, staff, the student body and the surrounding community. Therefore, the President should establish an open and communicative relationship with all faculty members, staff and students that pertain to his campus. The president will also be working with individuals and organizations outside of the school and a similar relationship should also be established.
5. Any information that the faculty or staff would like to be passed on to the student body should be passed on to the members of the SGA or the President for distribution.
6. It is the duty of the President to assist the Campus Dean, The Director of Student Services, their representative or designee in making community organization aware of the SGA’s presence and allocate information that will both help the Student Body and FLORIDA NATIONAL UNIVERSITY.
7. Getting a copy of the weekly minutes and be aware of the activities that are being handled that particular week.
8. Having a meeting with the Campus Dean of the Director of Student Services weekly to report the SGA progress and to ask for his/her permission or advice on any matter that might be pending.
9. To inform the student advisor of any and all activities in which the SGA is participating.
10. To appoint the SGA Editor and Activities Director.
11. To schedule participation in seminars.
12. To supervise overall activities of the SGA.
13. Inform student body of events and follow work assigned by the Director of Student Services or his/her representative or appointee that will benefit the students of Florida National University.