Ave Maria, Fla. – Florida National University women’s basketball team suffered a tough loss. The Conquistadors lost to NAIA #2 ranked Southeastern University on Saturday afternoon (Nov. 30th) the contest was played at Lakeland, Fla. With the loss Florida National falls to a 4-8 record while Southeastern University improves to 7-2.
INSIDE THE MATCH-UP:
Final Score: Florida National University 34, Southeastern University 82
Records: Florida National University (4-8), Southeastern University (7-2)
Location: Lakeland, Fla.
Florida National University Starters: Adria Stewart , Brianna Richardson, Ashley Williams, Brandilyn Robertson, Shannon Roseensteel
- FNU shot 22.2% from the field on 10-of-45 shooting overall but was hot from the field in the first half, hitting 52.50%.
- FNU shot 18.2% from downtown on 4-of-22 shooting.
- FNU recorded 90.9 FT% on 10-of-11 shooting overall.
- Southeastern University hit 44.6% of its shots from the paint and 24.1% from the long range.
- Applying the pressure on the defensive side, the Conquistadors forced 16 turnovers and recorded 8 steals.
- Shannon Roseensteel led FNU with 15 points and she also noted 6 rebounds.
- Brandilyn Robertson led the Conquistadors on the boards with 10 rebounds and she also recorded 1 steal.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- FNU record now is 4-8 this season.
- FNU recorded its eight loss of the season
- 8 players saw at least ten minutes of action for the Conquistadors.
- Southeastern University out-rebounded Florida National 52-34 in the contest.
Florida National University
Florida National University women’s basketball team will now face Stetson University on Tuesday, December 4th at 11:00 Am. The game will take place at Deland, Fla.
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.