HIALEAH, Fla. (Oct. 18, 2022) – Florida national suffered its eleventh loss of the year, falling to Keiser University in three sets Tuesday night. The Conquistadors snapped a two-game win streak after falling to Ave Maria last week, and unfortunately, suffered a similar fate against the Seahawks. With this victory, KU improves to 25-6 on the year while FNU falls to 3-11.
Set One FNU Notables (17-25)
- Keiser came out to a hot start leading the majority of the opening set
- FNU struggled to get into a rhythm early, leaving the door open for Keiser to take the set 25-17
- This is the second match in a row FNU has lost the opening set of the match
Set Two FNU Notables (17-25)
- The Conquistadors are known to have strong second sets but were unable to get it going in the second
- The Seahawks looked primed to take a lead early in the set and did so with exceptional efforts on the offensive end.
- KU once again took the set 25-17
Set Three FNU Notables (17-25)
- FNU came roaring back down two points in the match, taking an 11-8 lead in what would be the final set for the Conquistadors
- FNU seemed to run out of steam as their lead slowly dwindled as the set evened up at 15-15
- Keiser struggled midway through the set to get their advantage back but found a way to battle their way into a 24-17 lead before the match point was finally secured
- Joanne Dania led the way with seven kills
- FNU now owns a two-game losing streak
- The Conquistadors look to improve their record in conference play later this week
Up Next: FNU now looks to open up tournament play at the CAC Volleyball Classic. The Conquistadors face Haskell Indian Nations University this Friday at 1 p.m.