Hialeah, Fla. – Florida National University women’s basketball team suffers its ninth loss of the season. The lady Conquistadors were defeated to Florida Memorial University on Wednesday night (Dec. 4th) the contest was played at Bucky Dent Gym, Hialeah, Fla. With the loss Florida National falls to a 4-9 record while Florida Memorial improves to 6-4.
INSIDE THE MATCH-UP:
Final Score: Florida National University 53, Florida Memorial University 64
Records: Florida National University (4-9), Florida Memorial University (6-4)
Location: Bucky Dent Gym – Hialeah, Fla.
Florida National University Starters: Lindsey, Ashley Williams, Brandilyn Robertson, Shannon Roseensteel, S. Williams
- FNU shot 37.3% from the field on 22-of-59 shooting overall but was hot from the field in the third Quarter, hitting 46.67%.
- FNU shot 30.4% from downtown on 7-of-23 shooting.
- FNU recorded 72.2 FT% on 13-of-18 shooting overall.
- Florida Memorial University hit 36.8% of its shots from the paint and 28.6% from the long range.
- Applying the pressure on the defensive side, the Conquistadors forced 17 turnovers and recorded 8 steals.
- Brianna Richardson led FNU recording 14 points and 1 rebound and she also recorded 4 assists and 1 steals.
- Ashley Williams led the Conquistadors on the boards with 8 rebounds, she also noted 3 assists and 4 steals.
- Breyuna Walker came of the bench with 7 points, 4 rebounds and 1 block.
BEYOND THE BOX-SCORE:
- FNU record now is 4-9 this season.
- FNU recorded its second home loss of the season.
- 8 players saw at least ten minutes of action for the Conquistadors.
- Florida Memorial University out-rebounded Florida National 34-29 in the contest.
Florida National University
- Points: Brianna Richardson (16)
- Rebounds: A. Williams (6)
- Assists: B. Richardson (4)
Florida National University women’s basketball team will now face Johnson University of Florida on Saturday, December 7th at 2:00 Pm. The game will take place at Kissimmee, Fla.
STAY CONNECTED:Follow FNU athletics on social Media:
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.