Hialeah, Fla. – Florida National University women’s basketball team lost its home opener. The Conquistadors lost to Keiser University on Saturday afternoon (Nov. 9th) the contest was played at Bucky Dent park Gym – Hialeah, Fla. With the loss Florida National falls to a 1-5 record while Keiser improves to 3-1.
INSIDE THE MATCH-UP:
Final Score: Florida National University 67, Keiser University 77
Records: Florida National University (1-5), Keiser University (3-1)
Location: Bucky Dent park Gym – Hialeah, Fla.
Florida National University Starters: Adria Stewart , Brianna Richardson, Ashley Williams, Brandilyn Robertson, Shannon Roseensteel
Keiser University Starters: Midori Long, Daniela Barrios, Emily Patton, Kelly Meade, Nikki Saunders
- FNU shot 43.3% from the field on 26-of-60 shooting overall but was hot from the field in the first half, hitting 52.50%.
- FNU shot 36.0% from downtown on 9-of-25 shooting.
- FNU recorded 75.0 FT% on 6-of-8 shooting overall.
- Keiser University hit 55.1% of its shots from the paint and 21.4% from the long range.
- Applying the pressure on the defensive side, the Conquistadors forced 14 turnovers and recorded 5 steals.
- Adria Stewart led FNU with 15 points and she also noted 3 rebounds and recorded 3 assists.
- Brandilyn Robertson led the Conquistadors on the boards with amazing 11 rebounds and she also recorded 3 steals.
- Destiny Lindsey recorded a team high 5 assists.
- Rosalyn Sealey came of the bench with 8 points and she also recorded one assist.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- FNU record now is 1-5 this season.
- FNU lost its home opener for the first time in the school history.
- 8 players saw at least ten minutes of action for the Conquistadors.
- Keiser University out-rebounded Florida National 25-24 in the contest.
Florida National University
- Points: Adria Stewart (15)
- Rebounds: Brandilyn Robertson (11)
- Assists: Destiny Lindsey (5)
Florida National University women’s basketball team will now face Ave Maria University on Tuesday, November 12th at 6:00 Pm. The game will take place at Ave Maria, FL.
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.