North Miami, Fla. – Florida National University Women’s Basketball team suffered a loss to Johnson and Wales University on Tuesday night (Nov. 5th). The contest was played at Wildcat Center – North Miami, Fla. With the win Florida National falls to a 1-4 record while Johnson and Wales improves to a 2-0 record.
INSIDE THE MATCH-UP:
Final Score: Florida National University 53, Johnson and Wales University 74
Records: Florida National University (1-4), Johnson and Wales University (2-0)
Location: Wildcat Center – North Miami, Fla.
Florida National University Starters: Adria Stewart , Brianna Richardson, Ashley Williams, Brandilyn Robertson, Shannon Roseensteel
Johnson and Wales University Starters: Reagan Turner, DeAsia Outlaw, Haeli Howard, Maleigha Oldham, J’Nayah Hall
- FNU shot 30.9% from the field on 21-of-68 shooting overall.
- FNU shot 38.5% from downtown on 5-of-13 shooting.
- FNU recorded 54.5 FT% on 6-of-11 shooting overall.
- Johnson and Wales University hit 39.7% of its shots from the paint and 9.1% from the long range.
- Applying the pressure on the defensive side, the Conquistadors forced 20 turnovers and recorded 11 steals.
- Adria Stewart scored a team-high 20 points, and added 3 rebounds.
- Ashley Williams led the Conquistadors on the boards with amazing 12 rebounds and she also noted 16 points recording her first double-double of the season.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- FNU record now is 1-4 this season.
- FNU on the road record is 1-4.
- 8 players saw at least 10 minutes of action for the Conquistadors.
- Johnson and Wales University out-rebounded Florida National 47-44 in the contest.
Florida National University women’s basketball team will now face Keiser University on Saturday, November 9th at 2:00 Pm. The game will take place at Bucky Dent Gym, Hialeah, FL.
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.