HIALEAH, FL. – Florida National University Women’s soccer team (2-4-1) handed Ave Maria University (0-5) its fifth loss of the season as Senior Juliana Oliveira and junior Jurema Borini helped to lift the Conquistadors past the Gyrenes at home on Wednesday night. The match was played at the Goodlet Park Soccer Field. With the win, FNU improves to 2-4-1 on the year while Ave Maria University falls to 0-5.
INSIDE THE MATCH UP:
- Score: Florida National University 2 x 0 Ave Maria University
- Records: Florida National (2-4-1), Ave Maria University (0-5).
- Location: Goodlet Park Soccer Field | Hialeah, Florida
Posted by Florida National University Athletics on Wednesday, September 18, 2019
- 46:27 | FNU – Juliana Oliveira ( Dominique Mosley ) -1-0
- 61:11 | FNU – Jurema Borini ( Bethania Cruz ) – 2-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Florida National University scored first with Juliana Oliveira with a powerful shot in the upper ninety. Dominique Mosley assisted the goal passing the ball to Juliana from a corner kick.
- FNU was able to score one more goal in the 61st minute with a beautiful goal scored by Jurema Borini after a corner kicked by Bethania Cruz.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- FNU record is now 2-4-1 on the season.
- FNU recorded its second win this season.
- Florida National out-shot Ave Maria University, 19-13.
The Conquistadors will now face NCAA Division II, American International University on Friday, September 20th at 5:00 p.m. in Hialeah, FL.
STAY CONNECTED – Follow FNU athletics on social Media: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.