VIRGINIA BEACH, VA – Florida National University women’s soccer team defeated Bryant & Stratton-Syracuse in the opening round of the USCAA National Championship this afternoon (Nov. 7th) at 11:00 AM. The match was played at the Princess Anne Athletic Complex || Virginia beach, VA. With the win, FNU improves to 6-10-1 on the year and now will play seed #4 St. Mary of the Woods College. If the Conquistadors win its next match will qualify to the National Championship Final for the second time in the program history.
INSIDE THE MATCH UP:
- Score: Florida National University 3 x 1 Bryant & Stratton-Syracuse
- Records: Florida National (6-10-1), Bryant & Stratton-Syracuse (13-2).
- Location: Princess Anne Athletic Complex || Virginia beach, VA.
Beautiful goal by Juliana Oliveira ⚽️? Let’s go Conquistadors! #FNU #GoConquistadors @julianaoliveira9
Posted by Florida National University Athletics on Thursday, November 7, 2019
- 26:57 | BSS – Lyla Lionel (unassisted) 0-1
- 39:20 | FNU – Juliana Oliveira (unassisted) 1-1
- 44:30 | FNU – Dominique Mosley (unassisted) 2-1
- 74:24 | FNU – Juliana Oliveira (unassisted) 3-1
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- FNU record on the season is 6-10-1.
- Bryant & Stratton-Syracuse lost its second game of the season.
- Florida National out-shot Bryant & Stratton-Syracuse, 7-3.
The Conquistadors will now play St. Mary of the Woods College in the second round of The USCAA National Tournament. The game will be played on Saturday, November 9th at 10:00 am.
STAY CONNECTED: Follow FNU athletics on social Media:
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.