VIRGINIA BEACH, VA – Florida National University women’s soccer team defeated Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College in the second round of the USCAA National Championship this afternoon (Nov. 7th) at 10:00 AM. The match was played at the Princess Anne Athletic Complex || Virginia beach, VA. With the win, FNU improves to 7-10-1 on the year and now will play seed #2 University of Maine Fort Kent. The Conquistadors are in the National Championship Final for the second time in the program history.
INSIDE THE MATCH UP:
- Score: Florida National University 2 x 0 Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College
- Records: Florida National (7-10-1), Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College (7-8-1).
- Location: Princess Anne Athletic Complex || Virginia beach, VA.
Let’s go Conquistadors! #FNU #GoConquistadors
Posted by Florida National University Athletics on Saturday, November 9, 2019
- 48:10 | FNU – Mickaela Crespo (Iman Ali-Dib) 1-0
- 87:17 | FNU – Dominique Mosley (unassisted) 2-0
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- SMWC and FNU were scoreless at halftime of the contest.
- FNU was able to tally the first goal five minutes into the second half with an amazing goal scored by Mickaela Crespo assisted by Iman Ali-Dib.
- The Conquistadors netted their second goal in the 87th minute to pad the lead 2-0.
- First team All-American Dominique Mosley scored FNU’s second goal.
- The final goal eliminated SMWC’s attempt for a comeback.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- FNU record on the season is now 7-10-1.
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College lost its eight game of the season.
- Florida National out-shot Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College 19-4.
The Conquistadors will now play University of Maine Fort Kent in the USCAA National Tournament Championship Final. The game will be played on Sunday, November 10th at 2:00 pm at the Princess Anne Athletic Complex || Virginia beach, VA.
STAY CONNECTED: Follow FNU athletics on social Media:
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.