ORANGE CITY, IA – Freshman Facundo Alonso scored in the 49th minute to lift Florida National University men’s soccer team to a 1-0 win over the Mount Marty Lancers on Thursday night at the NWC Soccer Complex. Alonso, a freshman from Buenos Aires, Argentina found the back of the net in the 49th minute for what turned into the lone goal of the match.
Match Score: Florida National University 1, Mount Marty College 0
Records: Florida National University (2-0), Mount Marty College (0-1)
Location: Orange City, IA
49:41 | FNU – Facundo Alonso (unassisted) 1-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- FNU started the game pressuring high the Lancers, with 4 minutes FNU took its first shot with Denilson de Almeida, the shot was saved by Gabriel Ivlev.
- Vinicius Mallmann took two of the Conquistadors’ four shots through the first 45 minutes, with all two going wide.
- FNU took a 1-0 lead after a 49th minute goal by Freshman Facundo Alonso.
- Mount Marty only chance to score in the first half came from a shot by Cesar Gonzales at the 29:36 mark saved by Rodrigo Festuccia.
- FNU led the game in shots (11-6), shots on goal (6-2) and corner kicks (4-3) while Mount Marty led in saves (5-2).
- Rodrigo Festuccia recorded his second straight shutout this season.
FNU’s Rodrigo Festuccia (W, 2-0) recorded two saves in the game, where FNU played amazing in defense, while Gabriel Ivlev (L, 0-1) stopped five out of the six shots he faced in the complete game effort.
- FNU was led by Freshman Facundo Alonso who scored his first career goal.
- Matheus Dias and Vinicius Mallmann took 2 shots each on the game.
- 1 Rodrigo Festuccia recorded his second shutout of the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- FNU record is now 2-0 on the season.
- FNU recorded its second away win this season.
The Conquistadors will face North Western College on Friday, August 30th at 7:00 p.m. in Orange City, Iowa.