If you’re interested in getting a continued education on a higher level above your bachelor’s degree, but don’t have the time or money to commit to earning a master’s degree, consider getting a graduate certificate. A graduate certificate, or diploma—and also referred to as a professional certificate, provides you with an alternative option to taking higher-level courses in your field of study. A graduate certificate is going to be the quickest course of study and also the cheapest as it won’t require as many credit hours.
There are a number of things that can help you earn a promotion. It could be one attribute, or a combination of them. While nothing is guaranteed to be the full-proof way of landing a promotion, one thing is certain: improving your skillset and applying it to your everyday tasks will most likely gain the attention of your supervisors who often have a say in whether or not you’re qualified for a promotion.
Improving Your Skillset
So how do you go about improving your skillset? With education of course! For those who already earned a bachelor’s degree, the most reasonable course of action is to pursue a master’s degree. While a bachelor’s degree gives you the in-depth training needed to work as an expert in your field of study, a master’s degree reaffirms that you have mastered a higher status of knowledge.
Challenges of Pursuing a Master’s Degree
Going for a master’s degree is not always as simple as it sounds. Many students these days are enrolled as non-traditional students. Non-traditional students usually have other pressing responsibilities in addition to their academic demands. Oftentimes, it’s a challenge just to complete a bachelor’s degree. For some students, it might be easier to transition right into a graduate study program. For others, it might be best to just pursue a career right after graduating with their bachelor’s.
It could be said, for those who have chosen to pursue jobs after graduation, that most usually consider returning to school for more education. While a master’s degree doesn’t take as long as a bachelor’s to complete, the commitment level remains the same—if not more! Master courses also cost more. As a result, many students tend to delay their education in hopes that they’ll have more time and/or money to pursue such an endeavor.
The reality to many dreams and aspirations is that there’s not always the perfect time to do anything, much less going back to college. Sometimes, waiting for the perfect time to execute a plan leads to procrastination and never doing it at all. Lost dreams with the melancholy regrets of “would’ve-could’ve-should’ve” begin to sing its song and the next thing you know, you’re working at a job that you could’ve been promoted from years ago.
Sounds depressing? It doesn’t have to be, because there is a solution.
Graduate Certificate Program is Great for Working Professionals
Enrolling in a graduate certificate program is the perfect choice for busy professionals who don’t have the time to commit to taking a full masters program. These certificate programs are designed to help working professionals build on a certain skill in their industry. Most masters programs focus on a certain industry that usually requires a thesis that counts toward your degree requirements.
The graduate certificate program takes a shorter time to earn because the curriculum doesn’t entail coursework that would take years to complete—unlike the graduate degree.
Graduate Certificate Programs at Florida National University
The graduate certificates at Florida National University (FNU) are designed to be one of the most advanced certificate programs in the South Florida area. These programs take approximately four months to complete with a requirement of only 12 credit hours. If you are a professional who is looking to improve your skills in a specialized area, consider one of FNU’s concentrated diplomas in the following industries:
- Finance – Gain a better understanding of the financial sector with graduate level courses that will help you become a better manager in all things related to finance. You’ll also review today’s financial institution in the way of how interest rates relates to corporate finance and global trends.
- General Management – With this graduate certificate, you will have acquired the necessary tools needed to not only manage finances, but also develop and manage operations while having an understanding of what it takes to lead state-of-the-art businesses and possibly even create one yourself as an entrepreneur.
- Health Services Administration – If you’re already working in the healthcare industry, this certificate will develop your skills as an administrator who is fully knowledgeable with the health care laws and legislation, and able to manage finances according to the practical application of health care theories.
- Human Resources Management – If you’re looking for a career advancement, landing a job as an executive in human resources is going to be one of the best educational investments you can make. With this graduate certificate, you’ll gain an intense study plan of what it means to plan, organize, and develop human resource systems.
- Marketing – If you are in an entry to mid-level marketing position and have aspirations of landing an executive position, then this is the graduate certificate you want to pursue. Here, you’ll get a more in-depth understanding of service and international marketing, consumer behavior and be challenged to more strategic thinking.
- Public Management and Leadership – If you have a desire for public service, enroll in this program. Polish your resume with skillsets that help you become a better public relations manager who has an understanding of administrative law and public policy, and can get things done!
All Graduate Certificate Programs are Regionally Accredited!
FNU is a regionally accredited higher learning institution approved by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). In order to meet SACSOC’s accreditation standards, FNU has complied with the policies and procedures reflected in their “Principles of Accreditation: Foundation for Quality Enhancement” document found here.
Prepare for Your Promotion Today!
Any one of these graduate certificate programs at FNU can help you earn a promotion in your area of interest. You’ll even be qualified to contend with other competitors with a master’s degree. Having something that proves you can handle executive responsibilities will definitely help your superiors seriously consider you for that promotion!
You can enroll in one of our graduate certificate programs today and earn your professional diploma in only four months. Call FNU at any of our campuses in Miami or Hialeah to start the enrollment process today.