Health Services Administration Programs @ Florida National University (FNU)
By Dr. Loreto Almonte, Florida National University Allied Health Division Head
Health Services Administration is an exciting career in high demand. Health Care facilities need able administrators to serve the community in a cost effective manner. Through our program, the students will gain a better understanding of the social-political, ethical, legal and economic complexities surrounding the health care system and become an asset for health care organizations.
Health Service Administrators play various roles and functions depending on the size of the facility and the complexity of the services offered. Generally, Health Care Administrators plan, coordinate, and supervise the functions of health care facilities and staff.
Depending on the academic level achieved, a Health Administrator will manage a facility or be responsible for specific departments including Risk Management, Finance, Accounting, Budgeting, Human Resources, and Marketing. Health Administrators are also responsible for developing, maintaining and updating the professional standards of medical practice, as well as evaluating plans related to community health and welfare.
According to the United States Department of Labor
|2016 Median Pay||$96,540 per year|
|$46.41 per hour|
|Typical Entry-Level Education||Bachelor’s degree|
|Work Experience in a Related Occupation||Less than 5 years|
|Number of Jobs, 2016||352,200|
|Job Outlook, 2016-26||20% (Much faster than average)|
|Employment Change, 2016-26||69,800|
FNU offers the Health Services Administration program in three academic levels: Associate, Bachelor, and Masters. Graduates have the opportunity to perform in different capacities at many health care facilities. Programs are offered fully online.
Health Services Administration Associate of Arts degree (HSA, AA)
The program provides the knowledge and skills needed for an entry-level position in the health services field and set up the foundation to proceed to a higher-level if desired. Key courses in health administration and general education/liberal arts courses are required.
Health Services Administration Bachelor of Science degree (HSA, BS)
The program provides the professional skills needed to fulfill the demands of administrative positions within the health care industry.
Health Services Administration Master’s degree (MHSA)
The Master of Health Services Administration prepare graduates to qualify for leading positions in administration management and planning of the health care industry in the public or private sector.
Advantage of completing your program at FNU:
- Affordable- Tuition and books can be less expensive than on-campus universities.
- Convenient- 100 percent online. It enables you to balance work, life, family, and school.
- 8-Week Classes- Focus on just two classes at a time and you are still considered full time.
- Transfer Credits- Your previous education is accepted if your classes were completed in an accredited institution. FNU will transfer classes applicable to the program.
- Get around-the-clock access to our librarians, writing labs, tech support, and professors.
- Military Tuition Assistance and approved for Veterans Training approved.
- Tuition Assistance- Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
- We are authorized to serve international students.
In order to be enrolled in any of our programs, applicants must comply with all admission requirements.