Hialeah, Fla. – Florida National University women’s basketball team conquer its fourth win of the season. The Conquistadors defeated Ave Maria University on Thursday night (Nov. 14th) the contest was played at Ave Maria, Fla. With the win Florida National improves to a 4-7 record while Ave Maria falls to 9-2.
INSIDE THE MATCH-UP:
Final Score: Florida National University 63, Ave Maria University 59
Records: Florida National University (4-7), Ave Maria University (9-2)
Location: Ave Maria, Fla
Florida National University Starters: Lindsey, Ashley Williams, Brandilyn Robertson, Shannon Roseensteel, S. Williams
- FNU shot 35.2% from the field on 19-of-54 shooting overall but was hot from the field in the Second Quarter, hitting 46.67%.
- FNU shot 26.9% from downtown on 7-of-26 shooting.
- FNU recorded 58.3 FT% on 7-of-12 shooting overall.
- Ave Maria University hit 22.4% of its shots from the paint and 6.3% from the long range.
- Applying the pressure on the defensive side, the Conquistadors forced 22 turnovers and recorded 11 steals.
- A. Williams led FNU recording 16 points and 6 rebounds and she also recorded 5 assists and 2 steals.
- A. Williams also led the Conquistadors on the boards with 6 rebounds.
- A. Donaque-Solan came of the bench with 4 points, 1 rebound and 2 steals.
BEYOND THE BOX-SCORE:
- FNU record now is 4-7 this season.
- FNU recorded its fourth win of the season.
- 8 players saw at least ten minutes of action for the Conquistadors.
- Ave Maria University out-rebounded Florida National 45-36 in the contest.
Florida National University
Florida National University women’s basketball team will now face Southeastern University on Saturday, November 30th at 4:00 Pm. The game will take place at Lakeland, Fla.
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.