HIALEAH, FL – The Florida National University women’s volleyball team put up a fight that ended with a 3-0 win in a tough home game against Johnson and Wales University played on Friday, October 15th at North Miami, Florida.
Match Score: Florida National University 3, Johnson and Wales University 0
Set Scores: 25-14, 25-18, 25-23
Records: Florida National (12-8), Johnson and Wales University (5-12)
Location: The Wildcat Center, North Miami, FL
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Florida National University jumped out to a 1-0 lead following a 25-14 first-set victory.
- The Conquistadors led the second set in kills and assists, taking set two, 25-18.
- The Third set was tightly-contested, going-back-and-forth. However, Florida National University edged JWU, 25-23 for the 3-0 win.
Florida National University Highlights
- FNU was led by Maya Krapf who recorded 17 kills and 7 digs. She also added 1 block.
- Lina Valentino recorded 10 kills and 1 service ace.
- Andrea Romero had 22 digs and 2 Assists.
- Gabriela Hernandez and Maria Alejandra Liva recorded 22 and 16 assists respectively.
- FNU’s Player of the week Afraina Ammerlaan recorded FNU 11 kills and 1 block.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- FNU record is now 12-8 on the season.
- FNU recorded its fourth home win on the season.
- FNU registered a .321 hitting percentage, recording 47 total kills on 121 attacks with 13 errors.
- The Wildcats ended the night with an attack percentage of .161 recording 25 total kills on 123 total attacks with 10 errors.
- The Conquistadors held a 53-42 edge in digs.
- FNU Conquistadors recorded 7 Service aces while Johnson and Wales noted 4 service aces.
- The Conquistadors out-blocked the Wildcats with 3 total blocks against 2 of the Wildcats.
Florida National University Women’s Volleyball Team will now face Ave Maria University on Tuesday, October 15th at 7:00 Pm. The game will take place at Ave Maria, FL
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.