HIALEAH, FL – The Florida National University women’s volleyball team put up a fight that ended with a 3-1 win in a tough home game against Keiser University played on Wednesday, October 9th at Hialeah, Florida.
Match Score: Florida National University 3, Keiser University 1
Set Scores: 20-25, 25-22, 25-22, 25-20
Records: Florida National (11-8), St. Thomas University (21-8)
Location: Bucky Dent Gym, Hialeah , FL
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Keiser University jumped out to a 1-0 lead following a 25-20 first-set victory.
- The Conquistadors led the second set in kills and assists, taking set two, 25-22.
- FNU led by Lina Valentino took set three 25-22.
- The fourth set was tightly-contested, going-back-and-forth. However, Florida National University edged Keiser, 25-20 for the 3-1 win.
Florida National University Highlights
- FNU was led by Maya Krapf who recorded a double-double with 23 kills and 11 digs. She also added 1 assist and 2 service aces and 2 block assists.
- Lina Valentino recorded 14 kills and two service aces and added an impressive .636 kills percentage killing 18 out of 22 total attacks.
- Andrea Romero had 22 digs and 1 Assist.
- Gabriela Hernandez and Maria Alejandra Liva recorded 22 assists each.
- FNU’s Player of the week Afraina Ammerlaan recorded FNU 14 kills and 5 service aces.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- FNU record is now 11-8 on the season.
- FNU recorded its fourth home win on the season.
- FNU registered a .259 hitting percentage, recording 59 total kills on 143 attacks with 22 errors.
- The Sea-hawks ended the night with an attack percentage of .228 recording 44 total kills on 123 total attacks with 16 errors.
- The Sea-hawks held a 58-51 edge in digs.
- FNU Conquistadors recorded 12 Service aces while Keiser Sea-hawks noted 7 service aces.
- The Conquistadors out-blocked the Sea-hawks with 6 total blocks against 3 of the Conquistadors.
Florida National University Women’s Volleyball Team will now face Johnson and Wales University on Friday, October 11th at 2:00 Pm. The game will take place at Wildcats Gym, North Miami, FL
STAY CONNECTED:Follow FNU athletics on social Media: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.