Miami Gardens, Fla. – Florida National University women’s basketball team lost its fifth game on the road. The Conquistadors dropped to Florida Memorial University Lions on Tuesday night (Nov. 19th) The contest was played at FMU Wellness Center, Miami Gardens, FL. With the loss Florida National falls to a 2-7 record while Florida Memorial improves to 3-4.
INSIDE THE MATCH-UP:
Final Score: Florida National University 58, Florida Memorial University 90
Records: Florida National University (2-7), Florida Memorial University (3-4)
Location: FMU Wellness Center – Miami Gardens, Fla.
Florida National University Starters: Destiny Lindsey, Ashley Williams, Brandilyn Robertson, Shannon Roseensteel, Adria Stewart.
- FNU shot 26.7% from the field on 20-of-75 shooting overall but was hot from the field in the Second Quarter, hitting 30.0%.
- FNU shot 27.3% from downtown on 6-of-22 shooting.
- FNU recorded 60 FT% on 12-of-20 shooting overall.
- Florida Memorial University hit 50.0% of its shots from the paint and 25.0% from the long range.
- Applying the pressure on the defensive side, the Conquistadors forced 15 turnovers and recorded 11 steals.
- Ashley Williams led FNU recording a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds and she also recorded 1 assist.
- Brandilyn Robertson did amazing on the boards with 8 rebounds and she also recorded 2 steals.
- Sofia Vidal came of the bench with 13 points, 2 rebounds and 1 assist.
BEYOND THE BOX-SCORE:
- FNU record now is 2-7 this season.
- FNU recorded its fifth on the road loss of the season.
- 8 players saw at least ten minutes of action for the Conquistadors.
- Florida Memorial University out-rebounded Florida National 59-51 in the contest.
Florida National University
- Points: Ashley Williams and Sofia Vidal (13)
- Rebounds: Ashley Williams (10)
- Assists: Destiny Lindsey (2)
Florida National University women’s basketball team will now face Warner University on Tuesday, November 26th at 5:00 Pm. The game will take place at Lake Wales, FL.
STAY CONNECTED:Follow FNU athletics on social Media:
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.