WEST PALM BEACH, FL – Florida National University Women’s soccer team (3-6-1) dropped its away game, falling 2-0 to Keiser University (7-1) on Wednesday, September 25. The match was played at the Sea-hawks Stadium at West Palm Beach, FL. With the loss, FNU falls to 3-6-1 on the year while #1 Keiser University improves to 7-1 on the season.
INSIDE THE MATCH UP:
- Score: Florida National University 4 x 1 #1 Keiser University
- Records: Florida National (3-6-1), Keiser University (7-1).
- Location: Sea-hawks Stadium | West Palm Beach, Florida.
- 43:11 | KU – Matilda Ovenberger (Penalty Kick) 1-0
- 59:46 | KU – Matilda Ovenberger (Maren Hellan) 2-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Keiser controlled the opening half, outshooting FNU 23-0 before breaking through in the 43rd minute.
- Alicia Drott was pushed from behind in the box, setting up a penalty kick. Sophomore, Matilda Ovenberger stepped up and converted as the Seahawks took a 1-0 lead.
- The Seahawks extended their lead in the 60th minute when Ovenberger headed the ball into the back of the net off an assist by Maren Hellan.
- Furthermore, Keiser University led and dominated the game in shots (45-0), shots on goal (12-0), corner kicks (7-1) while FNU goalkeeper Vanessa Osorio led in saves. She noted incredible 10 saves in the game.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- FNU record is now (3-6-1) on the season.
- FNU recorded its fourth loss on the road this season.
- Keiser out-shot FNU, 45-0.
- Keiser is on 5 win streak.
The Conquistadors will now face ASA College on Monday, October 7th at 4:00 p.m. at Goodlet Park Soccer Field, In Hialeah, FL.