The Rehabilitation Aide Diploma provides the basic knowledge and skills required for graduates to work as an Aide supporting Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, and Occupational Therapy Assistants in the provision of rehabilitation services. FNU awards a Diploma following the completion of this program. This program also prepares students to apply to the Associate of Science Physical Therapist Assistant program.Request more info about Rehabilitation Aide
This FNU, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you'll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths, goals and social style plus the education path you're best suited for. Get Your Career Education Readiness score now. (Opens is a new window)
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS (A MINIMUM OF 34 CREDITS)
- SLS 1501College Study Skills1
- ENC 1101English Composition3
- MAC 1105College Algebra 13
- CGS 1030Introduction to Information Technology3
- BSC 1085CAnatomy & Physiology 14
- PSY 1012General Psychology3
- BSC 1086CAnatomy & Physiology 24
- HSC 1531Medical Terminology3
- SPC 1017Fundamentals of Oral Communication3
- PHY 1007CPhysics for Allied Health Professionals3
- PHI 1635Biomedical Ethics3
- PHT 1001Introduction to Physical Therapy1
The Rehab Aide program was established to provide students with a diploma that can assist in job placement within the physical therapy field. Additionally, it serves as a feeder program into the PTA AS program.
As per data attained from multiple job search engines, the average salary for a rehab aide in Miami falls anywhere between $28K-$37K/year depending on the facility and experience. Baptist Health currently has a job posting for a rehab aide with a salary expectation of $15-18/hr.
This program can be completed in 8 months.