ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE INTERMEDIATE LEVEL (32.0108)
This program is designed for students who have achieved basic functional skills in ESL and have language as well as individual goals. The program provides training in the following language areas: listening, speaking, reading and writing. The courses offered in this program have no assigned sequence; therefore, they can be taken in any order. Prerequisite: ESL 004 or have scored beyond the Level 004 in the placement test.
This FNU, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you'll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths, goals and social style plus the education path you're best suited for. Get Your Career Education Readiness score now. (Opens is a new window)
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS (A MINIMUM OF 18 CREDITS)
- ESL 005English Structural Patterns – Part I4.5
- ESL 008Reading and Writing about Relevant Everyday Topics I4.5
- ESL 009Listening and Discussion for Advanced Students4.5
- ESL 011Composition for Social Use4.5
- ESL 014Authentic English in Context for Conversation4.5
- ESL 015Conversation for Everyday Living4.5
1.The ESL student is assigned into a program on the basis of a placement test.
At the completion of an eight month program the student will be awarded a certificate of proficiency according to
the level achieved, Basic, Intermediate, or High Intermediate.
2.Students who complete the Intermediate Level may be encouraged to take a diagnostic test for entry into a
3. If you are going to apply for Title IV, please be advised that FNU may only admit students
who need instruction in English to be able to use the knowledge, training, or skills they already have.
4. Upon completion of an Intermediate or High Intermediate program, graduates not able to find
employment and/or increase present work status, will be allowed to enroll in a career program after a
standard period of non-attendance.