ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (32.0108)
This program is designed primarily to help students acquire conversational ability and basic functional skills in English. The program provides training in all four language areas: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Before the student starts the program, an English Placement Test is given. FNU awards a certificate upon completion of the program. This program does not earn college credit.
Request more info about ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you'll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths, goals and social style plus the education path you're best suited for. Get Your Career Education Readiness score now. (Opens is a new window)
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS (A MINIMUM OF 18 CREDITS)
- ESL 001Basic Speaking, Reading, & Writing Skills I-II4.5
- ESL 002Basic Speaking, Reading, & Writing Skills III-IV4.5
- ESL 003English Structural Patterns I – II4.5
- ESL 004English Structural Patterns III-IV4.5
1. The ESL student is assigned into a program on the basis of a placement test. At the completion of an eight month program the student will be awarded a certificate of proficiency according to the level achieved, Basic, Intermediate, or High Intermediate.
2. Students who score beyond the Fourth (4th) Level are placed in the Intermediate Level.
3. If you are going to apply for Title IV, please be advised that FNU may only admit students
who need instruction in English to be able to use the knowledge, training, or skills they
4. Students graduating from the ESL Basic certificate are not allowed to enroll in a career program