Master's in Business Administration (MBA)
Flexible MBA Program at Florida National University
Online, On-Campus and Virtual Learning Classes are Offered
Our Master of Business Administration (MBA) was created with you in mind! We realize that your time is precious and should not be wasted. That’s why at FNU, we designed a program to fit your busy schedule. Not only are our programs accelerated, they’re also accredited, accessible, applicable and affordable. Open the door to your future today with a Master of Business Administration from FNU!
- Multiple start during the year!
- 36-credit program
- Evening classes, virtual and 100% online options
- Finish in a year!
- Scholarships available for those who qualify
For Online inquiries contact:
(305) 821-3333 Ext. 1184
University Director of Admissions
An MBA Designed With You in Mind
Whether you’re looking to move up within your company, start your own business or dabble in a new industry, our MBA program was designed to provide you with a well-rounded business education to help you achieve all of your goals.
Top Questions to Ask Before You Pursue a Graduate Program
Are you prepared to pursue a Master’s Degree or Graduate Certificate? Find Out! Take the Graduate Program Readiness Quiz. Get information and a customized readiness report in minutes. Get Your Graduate Degree Readiness Report Now
Our MBA offers:
Accessibility: Study while you work… when, where, and how you want. Our six start times allow you to begin the program whenever you’re ready. We have options to fit any hectic schedule! FNU offers a combination of online and evening courses for our in-class students and for the days when you can’t quite make it to class, our virtual class option allows you to be there without actually being there! Likewise, our fully online program allows you to learn from and connect with experienced professors without having to leave the comfort of your own home.
Affordability: FNU offers the best value package in order to open doors for all qualified applicants. We also provide numerous scholarships and financial aid to those who qualify. Please contact one of our advisors at 305-821-3333 for more information and for online inquiries, contact 305-821-3333 ext. 1072.
Acceleration: Don’t have much time? No worries! With our short, 8-week terms and our small class sizes, you can earn your degree faster and can get the help you need to finish on time.
Applicability: Get the experience you need! Our students get hands-on training from professors with real-world experience. You’ll also get to focus on one of five concentrations: General Management, Finance, Marketing, Health Services Administration or Public Management & Leadership, building your own path to success, with our help of course.
Accreditation: Get not only the knowledge but the respect. FNU is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, and master degrees. FNU is also a member and seeking accreditation with the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and is a member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Graduation Requirements (A Minimum of 36 Credits)
MBA Program Information (52.0299)
This program is designed to provide Bachelor students with an opportunity to continue on to the Masters level and students with work experience an opportunity to enhance their careers with higher-level education in Business Administration. Course material allows students to focus on one of six concentrations: General Management, Finance, Marketing, Health Services Administration, Public Management & Leadership, and Accounting. Each course also reinforces the student’s knowledge and skills in the two non-functional areas important to employers: Communications and Problem identification, analysis, and solving.
Core Courses (24 Credits)
- ACG 5066Accounting for Decision Makers3
- MAN 5068Legal, Ethical, and Social Values of Business3
- QMB 5357Business Modeling3
- FIN 5409Applied Managerial Finance3
- ENT 5125Entrepreneurial and Strategic Thinking3
- MAR 5829Management Practices for the 21st Century3
- MAN 5305Human Resources Management3
- MAN 5245Organizational Dynamics3
CONCENTRATION COURSES (9 CREDITS PLUS 3 CREDITS FOR CAPSTONE)
- FIN 5416Applied Managerial Finance II3
- MAN 5508Mgmt. & Operations in Service Organizations3
- MAR 5849Services Marketing3
- MAR 5849Services Marketing3
- MAR 5505Consumer Behavior3
- MAR 5157International Marketing3
- FIN 5416Applied Managerial Finance II3
- FIN 5246Financial Institutions and Markets3
- FIN 5307Corporate Finance3
- MAN 5897Capstone (this capstone is for the concentrations in General Management, Marketing, and Finance)3
- HSA 5175Health Care Finance3
- HSA 5198Health Informatics3
- HSA 5425Health Care Law & Legislation3
- HSA 5114CAPSTONE: U.S. Health Care System3
- PAD 5134Contemporary Project Management3
- PAD 5207Financial Management in Public Organizations3
- PAD 5605Administrative Law and Public Policy3
- PAD 5434CAPSTONE: The Administration of Public Institutions3
- ACG 6205Advanced Financial Accounting and Reporting Issues3
- ACG 6306Budgeting3
- ACG 6675Operational Auditing and Fraud Examination3
- TAX 5020Federal Taxes and Management Decisions3
FNU awards an additional Graduate Certificate upon completion of the specific concentration. Students pursuing only a graduate certificate will complete the concentration courses plus the pertaining capstone.
We focused on small class sizes, personalized attention and financial aid available to those who qualify. Our priority to our students is to be able to assist and teach students with a meaningful degree that sets them up for future success.
Becoming a part of our FNU Family is only a few steps away!
The MBA program at Florida National University welcomes candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and show a pattern of achievement and leadership within their careers.
To be considered for admission, please submit the materials listed below.
Please keep in mind that admission decisions are based upon the overall quality of your application.
We cannot review your application until all of the required items have been received, however, our advisors are happy to help you every step of the way!
- Completed a bachelor’s degree from an **accredited institution with a GPA of at least 2.5.
**Applicants with an undergraduate degree from a non-regionally accredited institution will be considered for admission.
Such applicants must demonstrate an undergraduate GPA of 2.50 or greater on a 4.00 scale and a GMAT score of 450+ or a GRE score of 150+ in each section.
- If undergraduate GPA is less than or equal to a 2.49, GMAT score of 400 and above or a GRE composite score of 150 (or 900).
- Be able to demonstrate adequate writing skills as measured by an initial writing assessment.
- FNU will accept up to two courses (six credits) of master’s level course work completed at another regionally accredited institution as a transfer credit
with a minimum grade of a B.
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Power Point applications.
- Have at least 6 bachelor level credit hours in the student’s area of concentration or equivalent work experience.
- Foreign students whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (the TOEFL) and obtain a score of 500 or higher on the paper based version or 62 and above with each section with an acceptable level (intermediate or fair and above) or a score of 5.5 on the IELTS.
- Have a working knowledge of Office applications.
- Complete a Graduate Program Application
- Two letters of references
- Video Conferencing capabilities
Good luck! We look forward to welcoming you at FNU!