A Great Career Starts With a Great Education
At Florida National University, our members are dedicated to helping you succeed in your future career as a medical assistant. They are passionate about supporting their students and encouraging them to reach their highest potential.
We invite you to explore our website today! Learn more about our program and meet some of our faculty members!
Medical Assistants: The Heroes Behind the Scenes
Medical assistants are the true backbone of modern healthcare. They perform a wide range of duties, from taking patient histories to scheduling appointments and entering data into computers. They handle the day-to-day operations that keep a medical practice running smoothly and efficiently.
But who is this mysterious figure? Why Medical Assistants Are In High Demand? And what exactly do they do? Let’s take a closer look!
What Is a Medical Assistant
A medical assistant is someone who works in a variety of settings including hospitals, clinics, doctors’ offices, nursing homes, and even law firms or other businesses related to healthcare. These assistants help with clerical tasks such as filing insurance claims and answering phones; however, they also perform clinical work like drawing blood or assisting with injections.
What Does a Medical Assistant Do?
Medical assistants are trained to perform administrative and clinical tasks related to patient care under the supervision of a doctor or registered nurse. They work in hospitals, clinics, physician’s offices, and other healthcare facilities.
At Florida National University, we are committed to ensuring that our students get the best education possible. That’s why we offer a Medical Assistant program that is designed to give you the skills you need to succeed in your career.
Their duties vary depending on the type of institution, but can include:
- Taking patient histories and recording vital signs
- Performing basic laboratory tests and assisting with surgeries
- Administering injections, blood draws, and intravenous fluids
- Explaining medical procedures to patients
- Assist with medical treatments by preparing equipment such as syringes or bandages as needed.
If you’re ready to get started on your dream career as a medical assistant, visit our website today!
Why Medical Assistants Are in High Demand
Medical assistants are in high demand these days, and we’re not surprised!
The medical field is growing at an incredible rate, and there’s no sign of that slowing down. With the advent of new technologies and treatments, more patients than ever before need access to care.
The following are some of the reasons why medical assistants are in high demand today:
- The aging population means more health problems for seniors and more work for medical assistants to help them address those problems.
- New technology has made it easier for people to stay in touch with their doctors and keep track of their health needs at home, which means they need more support from a medical assistant than ever before.
- More people are getting insurance coverage through the Affordable Care Act, which means an increased demand for medical care across the country and an increased need for trained personnel like medical assistants who can help make sure patients get proper treatment promptly.
- More people are being diagnosed with chronic diseases, and there is an increasing need for medical assistants to help care for these patients.
- They can help provide care that is cost-effective and efficient, which is something that is always in high demand in the medical field.
If you want to learn more about becoming a medical assistant, check out our website today!
Get Hands-on Medical Assistant Training at Florida National University
At Florida National University, we believe that our students deserve the best.
Our students receive hands-on training and experience working with real patients, which gives them a leg up when they enter their careers as medical assistants.
If you have any questions about our school, or if you’d like to speak with an admissions counselor, please don’t hesitate to visit our website today!