COLUMBIA, KY – Florida National University Women’s Basketball team suffered a tough loss to #15 ranked Lindsey Wilson College on Monday night (Oct. 28th) the contest was played at Biggers Sports Center (Lindsey Wilson College Gym) – Columbia, Ky.
INSIDE THE MATCH-UP:
Final Score: Florida National University 43, Lindsey Wilson College 89
Records: Florida National University (1-3), Lindsey Wilson College (1-0)
Location: Biggers Sports Center – Columbia, Ky.
Florida National University Starters: Adria Stewart , Brianna Richardson, Ashley Williams, Brandilyn Robertson, Shannon Roseensteel
Lindsey Wilson College Starters: Reagan Turner, DeAsia Outlaw, Haeli Howard, Maleigha Oldham, J’Nayah Hall
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lindsey Wilson scored the game’s first 14 points en route to a 28-10 first-quarter lead. The Blue Raiders — thanks to its defense that finished with 21 steals — extended the lead to as many as 36 points in the second quarter.
- The Blue Raiders shot nearly 77 percent in the second frame, making 10-of-13 shots during the 10-minute stretch.
- Lindsey Wilson ultimately led by 47 points late in the second half en route to the 46-point win, 89-43.
- The Blue Raiders finished the game hitting 44.9 percent (31-of-69) of their shots, including 10 for 25 from beyond the 3-point arc.
- FNU shot 26.7% from the field on 16-of-60 shooting overall.
- FNU shot 13.6% from downtown on 3-of-22 shooting.
- FNU recorded 53.3 FT% on 8-of-15 shooting overall.
- Lindsey Wilson College hit 44.9% of its shots from the paint and 40.0% from the long range.
- Applying the pressure on the defensive side, the Conquistadors forced 12 turnovers and recorded 3 steals.
- Adria Stewart scored a team-high 9 points, and added 3 rebounds.
- Destiny Lindsey led the Conquistadors on the boards with amazing 9 rebounds and she also noted 1 steal and 1 assist.
- N’madria Reynolds came of the bench with 7 points and she also noted 1 rebound.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- FNU record now is 1-3 this season.
- FNU away record to 1-3.
- 8 players saw at least 20 minutes of action for the Conquistadors.
- Lindsey Wilson College out-rebounded Florida National 47-44 in the contest.
Florida National University men’s basketball team will now face Johnson & Wales University on Tuesday, November 5th at 8:00 Pm. The game will take place at North Miami, FL.
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.