(Photo by: Bernardo Avila)
HIALEAH, FL – Florida National University women’s soccer team lost a disputed match against Webber International University on Tuesday evening. The match was played at Goodlet Park Soccer Complex in Hialeah, FL. With the loss, Florida National University falls to 3-9-1 on the season, while Webber International University improves its record (6-5-1) on the year.
INSIDE THE MATCH UP:
- Score: Florida National University 1 x 2 Webber International University
- Records: Florida National University (3-9-1), Webber International University (6-5-1).
- Location: Goodlet Park Soccer Complex | Hialeah, FL.
- 71:56 | WIU – Megan Warner (Leah Borders) 0-1
- 84:12 | WIU – Sienna Scully (Megan Warner) 0-2
- 85:43 | FNU – Juliana Oliveira (unassisted) 1-2
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After only five shots over the first 70 minutes of action for the Warriors, the visiting team finally broke the 0-0 tie as junior Leah Borders scored the first goal of the game in the 71st minute assisted by Leah Borders.
- A little bit over 12 minutes later, Warner assisted on the first goal of the season by Scully to give the Warriors the two-goal advantage.
- One minute later, senior Juliana Oliveira scored an amazing goal shooting from out of the box, Webber 2 x 1 FNU.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- FNU record is now 3-9-1 in the season.
- FNU recorded its Fourth home loss this season.
- Webber International University out-shot Florida National University, 15-9.
The Lady Conquistadors will now face Broward State College on Friday, October 25th at 6:00 p.m. at Pembroke Pines, FL , FL.
Ruy Castelo Branco – FNU – Sports Information Director
About FNU: Florida National University opened its first class on January 4th, 1988, in the city of Hialeah, Florida, as Florida International Institute under the administration of Dr. José Regueiro, Dr. María C. Regueiro and Mr. Omar Sánchez. FNU Athletic Department has more than 250 student-athletes in 11 different sports. Established in 2013, FNU Athletics is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.