Are you thinking about pursuing a degree in the medical industry including pharmacy or dentistry but not exactly sure which you’d prefer? Do you enjoy courses like biology, chemistry, anatomy and physics? You should consider a degree in Natural Sciences.
Florida National University offers a Bachelor of Science in Natural Sciences program that provides a background in biology and chemistry useful for students considering Pre-Medicine, Pre-Pharmacy or Pre-Dentistry, as well as to pursue a career in secondary education.
What Can You Do with a Natural Sciences Degree?
The career opportunities with a Natural Sciences degree are endless. As you go through the program, you may find your interests change. Maybe you thought you wanted to become an educator, but the idea of becoming an engineer or a pharmacist sounds more appealing. This is the beauty of a Natural Science degree. The program covers several sciences at once.
Once you’ve received your degree, you can pursue any of the following science-related careers:
- Forensic Science Technician
- Chemical Scientist
- Material Scientist
- Or apply to graduate medical programs!
Courses You’ll Take at Florida National University
The core requirements for the Natural Sciences program includes:
- General Chemistry 1 & 2 + Lab
- General Biology 2 + Lab
- Anatomy and Physiology 1 & 2
- Fundamentals of Physics + Lab
- Principles of Microeconomics
Upper-level courses you’ll take while pursuing your natural sciences degree include:
- Organic Chemistry 1 & 2 + Lab
- Introductory Biochemistry
- Advanced Research Writing
- Principles of Genetics
- General Physics 2 + Lab
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Nutrition and Health Issues
- Human Embryology
- Capstone Research
If you realize you’d like to concentrate in education, you will take the following courses:
- Technology in Education
- Introduction to Education
- Classroom Management
- Teaching Diverse Population
- Measurement and Evaluation in Education
- Introduction to Exceptional Child Education
- Content Reading Instruction
- Methods of Teaching and Learning Natural Sciences
- Foundations of Teaching ESOL in the Schools
Pursue a Degree in Natural Sciences at FNU
Florida National University’s Natural Science program provides students with a background in the math and science courses useful for students considering pursuing a career in secondary education or aiming to apply to a graduate medical program. FNU has articulation agreements with other universities including:
- Sherman College of Chiropractic
- Palmer College of Chiropractic
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)
- LECOM School of Dental Medicine
- Larkin Health Sciences Institute – College of Pharmacy
Are you ready to pursue your dreams and career goals? Florida National University is waiting for you! Contact us today at 305-821-3333 to learn more information about our Bachelor of Science in Natural Sciences Degree.