Are you interested in Natural Sciences but not sure how to get started or what to study? Do you want to learn about a large number of science-related topics at once? What are the career opportunities associated with Natural Sciences Degrees?
Florida National University offers a Bachelor of Science in Natural Sciences Degree program that provides a basic background in biology and chemistry useful for students considering Pre-Medicine, Pre-Pharmacy, or Pre-Dentistry, as well as those pursuing a career in secondary education. Many natural science majors go on to graduate school to receive a master’s or Ph.D.
What are Natural Sciences?
Natural Sciences integrate a framework within which most science subjects are taught at Florida National University (FNU). This line of study focuses on comprehending and developing knowledge of the natural world. It helps students explore the natural work from different perspectives which include, but are not limited to mathematical, environmental, physical, chemical, and geological. Remember students aren’t limited to a specific career path when choosing a Natural Sciences Degree. More importantly, by pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Natural Sciences, you get to study multiple sciences. This helps you to develop knowledge of several subjects simultaneously, which gives you an edge on understanding how different ideas and scientific tools link together.
Is a Natural Sciences Degree Right for Me?
Are you thinking about pursuing this degree path but not quite sure if it’s right for you? Understanding the qualities, you should possess may help answer that question.
- You should possess strong science and math skills because natural sciences integrate several different science-related subjects in areas such as physics, chemistry, and biology. Remember, you have the freedom to choose which area you are comfortable with.
- Besides the broader Natural Science Degree, you should be ready to concentrate on a minor or double major in another subject.
- You must be ready to spend the extra time that comes with taking lab classes and working on them.
- You must be willing to complete your course by working on a comprehensive research project or thesis.
With all these traits, you are more than ready to pursue a Natural Sciences Degree.
Skills You’ll Develop with FNU’s Natural Sciences Degree Program
Through Florida National University’s Natural Sciences degree program, you will learn a diverse skill set to operate in multidisciplinary industries and sectors. Some of the abilities that can come with a Bachelor of Science Natural Sciences include:
- Self-management and decision making
- The ability to conduct research, evaluate data and analyze information
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work in multidisciplinary projects and sectors
- A broad understanding of the fundamentals of mathematical, physical, and biological sciences.
- Use of mathematical and analytical tools
- The ability to brainstorm and come up with effective ideas on new scientific developments
- The ability to work independently as a scientific free thinker
- The ability to take advantage of the growing demand in research in different organizations for career development
What are the Career Opportunities Associated with Natural Sciences Degrees?
With a Natural Science degree, students aren’t limited to a specific career path. With the demand for individuals with good mathematical, scientific, and research skills, prospective job seekers with a Natural Sciences Degree have a wide array of areas to choose from.
Some of the careers include but not limited to:
- Physician assistants
- Chemical scientists
- Material scientists
- Technical writers
- Forensic science technicians
Just remember these are some of the careers in the long list that a Natural Sciences degree has to offer.
Looking to Expand your Career in Natural Sciences?
At FNU, we believe that through providing comprehensive courses, we create a better tomorrow. That’s why we have integrated a Bachelor of Science Natural Sciences course that is tailored to equip our students with a basic background in biology and chemistry. Are you ready to begin your career path in natural sciences? Contact us today at 305-821-3333 for more information.