Athletic Department Mission Statement
Florida National University Athletics Mission and Vision
An exemplary athletic experience and a degree for every student-athlete to prepare them for lifelong success.
The Florida National University Athletics Department’s mission supports the University’s mission to enable the student-athlete to realize his/her full potential and prepare for lifelong success.
The mission of the Florida National University Athletic Department is to provide assistance within an athletic structure that promotes the development of a well rounded education through structured sport and competition, to develop life skills of discipline, integrity, leadership, philanthropy and social responsibility, to elevate ethnic and cultural diversity within the athletic programs, to assure equitable opportunity for all staff and student-athletes, and to make the athletic program a durable source of pride for the student population, student-athletes, alumni, university, and community of FNU.
- Servant Leadership
- Provide a structure and the resources for student-athletes to excel academically, socially and athletically.
- Enhance, expand and develop intercollegiate athletic programs that earn recognition at the national level.
- Engage the greater community of Miami.
- Commit to continuously improving the student-athlete experience.
- Grow to 11 sports by the year 2020.