Graduation Requirements (A Minimum of 60 Credits)
This program is designed for students planning to pursue a four-year bachelor’s degree in education. A component of forty-two credit-hour in general education requirements is required. The program provides a general background in the field of education and expands the student’s theoretical knowledge using practical, hands-on teaching experiences. FNU awards an Associate of Arts degree upon graduation.Request more info about EDUCATION
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you'll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths, goals and social style plus the education path you're best suited for. Get Your Career Education Readiness score now. (Opens is a new window)
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS (42 CREDITS)
- ENC 1101English Composition I **3
- ENC 1102English Composition II **3
- SPC 1017Fundamentals of Oral Communication3
- PHI 1010Introduction to Philosophy3
- LIT 2330Children’s Literature3
- DEP 2004Human Growth and Development3
- BSC 1020 CHuman Biology4
- ESC 1000General Education Earth Science3
- MAC 1105College Algebra I **3
- MTG 2204Geometry**3
- STA 2014Introduction to Statistics**4
- CGS 1030Introduction to Information Technology4
- AML 1631Hispanic American Literature3
- ECO 2013Principles of Macroeconomics3
- SLS 1501College Study Skills
- EDF 1005Introduction to Education****3
- EDF 1030Classroom Management****3
- EDF 2085Teaching Diverse Populations****3
- CGS 1013Technology in Education****3
Note: A total of 40 hours of field experience is required for graduation.
Four year institutions might require the student to pass all the components of the CLAST in order to be admitted into their upper level courses.
*General Education Component
**This course has prerequisites; check course descriptions.
****Course is required as part of the program.
An Associate of Arts (A.A.) program is a two-year course of study that covers the core materials needed to complete the first two years of a four-year bachelor‘s degree.