BASIC X RAY TECHNICIAN (51.0911)
The purpose of the Basic X-Ray Technician program is to prepare the student for the position of basic X-Ray machine operator. The program offers the knowledge and skills necessary for doing radiologic work on extremities and chest. The student will be trained to a high level of professionalism in communicating, caring, and protecting the patient during the taking of X-rays, and will have good knowledge of medical terms. The program prepares the student for the Basic X-Ray State of Florida Licensure Examination, and includes all the required courses for the first year toward the Radiologic Technology A.S. program at FNU. Entrance requirement: High School Diploma or GED*. FNU awards a diploma upon completion of the program.Request more info about BASIC X RAY TECHNICIAN
This FNU, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you'll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths, goals and social style plus the education path you're best suited for. Get Your Career Education Readiness score now. (Opens is a new window)
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS (45 CREDITS)
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- ENC 1101English Composition I **3
- CGS 1030Introduction to Information Technology4
- HSC 1000CIntroduction to Health Care3
- HSC 1531CMedical Terminology3
- BSC 1085CAnatomy & Physiology I4
- BSC 1086CAnatomy & Physiology II4
- HSC 1230LPatient Care Procedures2
- RTE 2385CRadiation Protection and Radiobiology6
- RTE 2418CImage Production and Evaluation7
- RTE 2458CEquipment Operation, Radiographic Related Physics and Quality Assurance3
- RTE 1503CRadiographic Procedures, Radiographic Positioning and Related Anatomy I6
- CPR XXXCPR Seminar
- HIV XXXHIV Seminar
- PDT XXXOSHA Seminar
All Credit College courses taken at the diploma level can be used as suggested electives for the completion of the Associate of Arts or Science degrees.Medical students are required to wear medical attire at all times. Students must furnish their own uniforms.All students must have liability insurance in order to participate in the clinical rotations.
All students must provide BLS, OSHA, HIV, and HIPPA seminar completion forms in order to participate in the clinical rotations.
Students must complete 90 hours of clinical practice.
**This course has prerequisites; check course descriptions.
* In addition, the student has to be currently employed in the medical field and present a letter from the employer justifying the need of the Basic X-ray license in the performance of his/her job; or, alternatively, a letter of agreement assuring employment in field upon graduation. International students (I-20) do not need to satisfy this requirement.