MEDICAL SECRETARY (52.0801)
This program will prepare the graduate for work in a doctor’s office, hospitals, clinics, Laboratories, diagnostic centers, or pharmaceutical firms as a medical secretary. It will provide the student with knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures. The program offers the options for entry-level positions in coding and billing and/or medical transcription skills. Entrance Requirement: ATB entrance required scores: 200 Verbal 210 Math Quantitative in the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test. FNU awards a diploma upon completion of the program.
Request more info about MEDICAL SECRETARY
This FNU, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you'll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths, goals and social style plus the education path you're best suited for. Get Your Career Education Readiness score now. (Opens is a new window)
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS (A MINIMUM OF 45 CREDITS)
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS (39 CREDITS)
- ENC 1101English Composition I **3
- CGS 1030Introduction to Information Technology4
CORE REQUIREMENTS (28 CREDITS)
- BSC 1085CAnatomy & Physiology I4
- BSC 1086CAnatomy & Physiology II4
- HSC 1000CIntroduction to Health Care3
- MHSC 1230LPatient Care Procedures2
- HSC 1531CMedical Terminology3
- MEA 2304CMedical Office Management3
- MEA 2305CMedical Office Procedures3
- MEA 2315CMedical Transcription3
- MEA 2335CMedical Insurance, Coding and Billing3
ELECTIVES (29 CREDITS)
- ENC 2200Business Communication3
- CGS 1500CWord processing3
- ENC 1102English Composition II3
- SPC 1017Fundamentals of Oral Communication3
- GEB 2430Ethics & Social Responsibility4
All College Credit Courses from within this division or any other division can be used as Suggested Electives.
Medical students are required to wear medical attire at all times. Students must furnish their own uniforms.
All students must provide BLS, OSHA, HIV, and HIPPA seminar completion forms in order to participate in the clinical rotations.
Students must complete 90 hours of clinical practice.*General Education Component (see page 106)
**This course has prerequisites; check course descriptions.