MIAMI, Fla. – The Florida National University Softball team (15-7) took on their first out-of-state trip traveling to Lawrenceville, Ga to face Georgia Gwinnett College and the University of Rio Grande of Ohio.
FNU fell in game one as the Red Storm of Rio Grande worked their way out to edge the conquistadors to take it 7-6 final score.
Game One Notes
- Kyra Sunga helped to get the scoring going with a single in the top of the first to give FNU a 2-0 lead getting G. Hay & A. Spinacchia home.
- The Red Storm picked up a run in the bottom of the first, courtesy of a double and sacrifice fly. to get C. Brisker home.
- Rio Grande would peel away from FNU with a 3 run lead in the bottom of the 2nd, heading into the third where FNU would get one back to make it 3-4.
- G. hay would homer one for a single run, K. Cremeens tripled for a 2 RBI to get two more back for Rio Grande now taking 3-6.
- K. Sunga would triple to get A. Spinacchia home, followed by another hit by Madison Bradshaw to get a double RBI to get G. Obando, K. Sunga home, and tie up the game. 6-6
- With the Texas tiebreaker in effect, Rio Grande was able to take their lead of the game in the bottom of the eighth and cruise to victory from there.